American Special Strat. Nice?

corn husk bag

I was at a guitar store trying out different Strats and played one of the American Special Strats thinking it was just another cheaper Fender. Wow, the thing played better then any of the other Strats including 2 Custom Shop numbers. Is it me, did I find one good one out of thousands, or are these nice guitars?

Best regards,
Steve

whiskypete

My tele started out as an American Special. It's easily the best guitar I've ever played. And I've been working in music stores for a long time now, so I've played a lot of guitars. If it speaks to you take it and run.

jfwund

Silver Supporting Member
Very nice guitar. Yes, it's the "cheap" American strat, but the jumbo frets and satin neck combo is different from anything else in the American line. I like the Texas Specials and the different wiring, too, but I'm not a vintage fanatic. It's not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I think Fender did a good job of differentiating it from the other strats.

FWIW I bought mine through Sweetwater, but played a bunch at Guitar Center. While there were differences between them, I thought they were pretty consistent in terms of feel.

kwaping

Guitar payer
I was geting set to finally buy an American Special when I played (and immediately bought) a Road Worn Player strat. They're both great guitars. I highly recommend you try out a RWP before buying an Am Spec.

Trending Topics