Amp / Cabinet Case ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kc_hubbs, Mar 23, 2015.

1. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Just curious to see what everyone thought of cases for their amps and cabs.

I have 2 Splawn cabinets that i made makeshift cases for. Just took the cardboard box and the foam that came in the box and made a pretty thick protective shell for it.

However, from all the loading and unloading and moving around, both cabs have managed to get pretty scuffed up, and some ripped tolex.

Recently, i added 2 new Orange 4x12 ppc cabs, and they are in perfect condition. Would you recommend protecting them, or just letting them get a little road rash ?

I never really plan on selling the cabs either. I love them too much to ever part with them.

2. jb's 52

jb's 52 Member

I have a road case for my Mesa Mark V combo and it's about as heavy and as bulky as I want to go. I have a Mesa Roadster head that will eventually get a case. The matching 2x12 cab will not get a case just because it's dimensions would make it a pain to maneuver and carry the added weight of a case.

I couldn't imagine the weight of a 4x12 in a flight case. I gave up my 4x12 just because it was too tough for me to get around w/o a flight case.

3. Otto Tune

Otto Tune Member

There's road cases and then there's shipping cases.
    If it's always with you and it's going in a van or trailer, a lightweight protective case will do. Look at e-bay for your amp and see what cases pop up.
    If it's shipped, then an Anvil type. Wheels are a must.

4. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

I will admit i have been looking around for a nice 2x12 for some smaller shows i play. Something like a Fender Twin, or Vox AC30.

5. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Its always with me. Just traveling by trailer. Ill look and see what I can find.

6. Mesa

Mesa Member

kc is your new orange cabs are mint I would try to keep them like that. I personally like amps that look NEW.
    I don't have one but I would check out "Get of my Case" road cases. I have contacted them a few times and the limited service I have had has been great. They don't use plywood in their cases and they are supposed to be lighter than comparable cases. Might be worth checking out.
    gomc.tv

I like the "live in" cabs with the trap doors. Obviously you don't need the 2x12 part but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]