Amp Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Prerequisite, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

Looking for an ATA case for my AC15H1TV, does anyone know where I can get one with casters for around $150? Ball corners unnecessary, but recessed hardware/butterfly latches are a must.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. thealmightycapo

thealmightycapo Member

Unfortunately that wouldn't exist. Not new at least. Maybe secondhand from a good friend... Best new case deal going is XCase on eBay. I got a case for my AC15C1 from Tim for 256 + shipping. Came out to a little under 300. That's about as low as they get. Sorry :(
    The case is really good though.

3. scienceguy

scienceguy Supporting Member

4. UncleLarry

UncleLarry Member

5. thesooze

thesooze Member

I do XCases on eBay. Good stuff.

6. KWCabs

KWCabs Member

Yeah a true ATA new you won't be able to find for that price. Have made many roadcases myself for customers and parts alone will cost about that believe it or not....wholesale!! Personally I think it is way overinflated what they're getting for the parts (maybe that's China's fault somehow) but it is what it is. There are a few places around like the one in NY mentioned that offer a decent bang for the buck. You might be able to find a rugged (no foam) one for $150 but honestly, what's the point of the case without foam.

Used is definitely the way to go, a case is a case, as long as it's fully intact and the foam isn't rotted get a used one. The used market has many incredible values. I've picked up $2000+ cases for under a hundred bucks from liquidators for myself. Good luck.

7. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

$179 for a case with ball corners, recessed hardware, 1/4" foam, etc from RoadcasesUSA. Thanks for the help TGP!

8. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

where do you live.?

9. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

10. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Can you give us a quick review when you get it? I'm looking for a combo case right now and was going to go with X Cases, as I've seen them first hand and know they're good quality... However, if this is as good for that price....

11. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

I haven't pulled the trigger yet (it was a little over my limit but I'm getting some money together) but I know a keyboard player who has bought 3 cases from them before. They're really sturdy, especially the upper level cases. Really strong and well-built.

12. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Good enough for me. I'll definately give one of these a shot soon. If it's at least close to being as nice as the X Cases for that price, it'll be fine. Thanks!

13. thealmightycapo

thealmightycapo Member

I do know that their prices are similar... they offer lower quality cases, which are the ones that they sell for less. From my understanding (and my keys player who has a RCUSA high end ATA case for his Motif) the higher end cases which are on par with Xcase go for the same price range.