• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Amp covers-how does yours fit? (anyone but especially Budda owners)

vintage66

I'd like to be able to at least leave the power cord plugged in the back and it sticks out on my Budda SD30 combo. My Mesa 5:50 I can just through the cover over it with everything plugged in and its even on a stand-it's a Mesa branded cover that came with it. I need a custom cover for the Budda and am considering the usual suspects that always get mentioned here, as well as some lesser known ones like Coveramps, Amplifiercovers.com, both of which are vinyl.

Coveramps would have to use my measurements but I like the design.

Anyone with experience with these companies - Studioslips, D2F, Lecover, Tuki, Coveramps, Amplifiercovers, any others I forgot, how much unplugging do you have to do when just covering it at home? Budda owners especially could be of help.

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
I've been using D2F covers for ALL of my amps for years now. The only snafu I've had involved misplacement of side handle access holes and they immediately rectified the situation (and gave me a free tee shirt). Tom Palmer and his crew make an outstanding product! Snug fit (but not TOO snug), and he'll definitely work with you on a "one-off" custom job (just give him the dimensions or describe the mods you want). Great company, excellent customer service; I use nothing else!

vintage66

Thanks, and after I posted this I actually thought of an angled power cord and have been searching around the internet. I'm not too sure with all the lingo what would work but this might be a good solution too and just have one made and not worry about having it fit loosely. Most of the ones you find are for computers but Stomping Ground and Parts Express have some right angled cords.

Still interested in any experience from Budda owners with various companies since I haven't pulled the trigger on a cover yet though.

vintage66

Ordered from Coveramp. Maybe I should change the title since I may still need advice on the cable if anyone can check out the links or show a link to one that would work or if the adapter would work for an amp.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I use Tuki covers for my Buddas but I don't leave the power cord plugged in.
They fit nicely.

vintage66

I use Tuki covers for my Buddas but I don't leave the power cord plugged in.
They fit nicely.
My Mesa cover spoiled me, I can just let it float down over the amp with everything plugged in, but the power cord doesn't stick out at all. It almost would work for the Budda except it's a good bit too short.

vintage66

You realize this shouldn't be a guessing game. Plug a 120V appliance into 240 and watch what happens. The USA is 12oV and 60Hz. You should remember this.
I realize this but since I rarely leave the country I don't pay much attention to it until that time comes. Thanks for the reminder.

Guinness Lad

I realize this but since I rarely leave the country I don't pay much attention to it until that time comes. Thanks for the reminder.
Didn't mean to be assholeish, but some people seem to take this stuff very lightly then say the equipment is at fault when they do something tehy never should of.

CA$H FLOW

I always go with coveramp for my covers. They'll also do little tweaks to make it fit better as well if you ask them nicely.

58flame

Very nice Tukis are, but unplug you must, said Yoda. Seriously though, why the need to stay plugged? Takes literaaly 10 seconds to unplug, wrap, and store. I've used Tuki covers for as long as I can remember and never had a problem. I don't use road cases because, sadly, I haul my own gear.
Budda SD30 owner.

Trending Topics