Amp Covers

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Hi All,

Looking for suggestions for combo amp covers.

Not looking for hard style road cases as the amp/s won't leave the house. Looking for something to simply keep the dust etc. off.

Specific amps are a BF Princeton Reverb and a Marshall Class 5.

What are your thoughts?

S. S. Bender

Even around the house it doesn't hurt to have some protection from bumps as wells as dust. I've had great success with padded covers from LeCover. The quality is excellent, and the pricing is very competitive. Even when I've had them make one-off custom covers for uniquely shaped amps, they delivered very quickly, and everything was done to perfection.

https://lecover.com/

TwoHandsTenThumbs

Silver Supporting Member
I've had great luck with D2F covers. Nicely padded, and well-fitted. Great people to deal with, and fast turnaround.

One time, they had the wrong measurement on file, and went above and beyond in making it right.

They will get my business again and again...

DaveKS

Know a local seamstress? Fabric stores are easy to find, pick a wife approved stock, measure, have her make it.

bbaug14

Silver Supporting Member
I've purchased Studio Slips, Lecover, and D2F. All are great. I only buy Lecover now. The price/quality is just better for a simple padded cover.

pale fire

Silver Supporting Member
I have about a dozen covers from D2F....very good covers, excellent service, reasonable prices

joeprs

I've had great luck with D2F covers. Nicely padded, and well-fitted. Great people to deal with, and fast turnaround.

One time, they had the wrong measurement on file, and went above and beyond in making it right.

They will get my business again and again...
I have about a dozen covers from D2F....very good covers, excellent service, reasonable prices
This is who I buy my covers from too. Great communication, service and products!

Silent Sound

Know a local seamstress? Fabric stores are easy to find, pick a wife approved stock, measure, have her make it.
There's an idea! Make them yourself! You can use any fabric you choose, and since it's not leaving the house, there's no need to spend money on a padded one. If you got a sewing machine, it wouldn't take long at all. You could do a tie-dye one. A denim one. Or make one out of painting canvas and paint something cool on it! Maybe recycle an old quilt... Man, I might have to do this even though I got covers for all my amps already!

66Park

I've purchased Studio Slips, Lecover, and D2F. All are great. I only buy Lecover now. The price/quality is just better for a simple padded cover.
I've been buying covers from Larry at LeCover for twenty years. He does great work for a great price and stands behind his products 100%.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
There's an idea! Make them yourself! You can use any fabric you choose, and since it's not leaving the house, there's no need to spend money on a padded one. If you got a sewing machine, it wouldn't take long at all. You could do a tie-dye one. A denim one. Or make one out of painting canvas and paint something cool on it! Maybe recycle an old quilt... Man, I might have to do this even though I got covers for all my amps already!
Tie-dye now there's an idea!

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I thought I'd close this one out.

I ended up going with Lecover and the cover arrived today - took a little while to get all the way down here to Australia, but that's to be expected.

It was a good price and the quality is great. I went with a 1/4" of padding and it fits perfectly.

Good choice!