Amp covers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MaxBoogie, Feb 25, 2008.

1. MaxBoogie

MaxBoogie Member

Can anyone recommend a source for quality amp covers? I'm looking for something very protective like a lined vinyl perhaps.

Also, I'd like to find them with an underneath strap to keep the cover from sliding off when the amp might be in a car trunk for instance...

2. 57paf

57paf Member

+1 on Custom Amp Covers www.amplifiercovers.com

Beautiful vintage brown w/black lining cover for my tweed bassman. I have another in the mail for my AC15H1TV.

3. FFTT

FFTT Member

Studio Slips!

Perfect fit even on custom orders, standard covers, padded covers and clamshell covers that protect top to bottom.

4. Axe_78th

Axe_78th Member

Man, I just got a set of Studio Slip clamshell bags for my two Deluxe amps. I can't tell you how pleased I am with them. Perfect fit! Highly recommended!!!

5. puls

puls Member

tuki covers are good too. Nice padded cover for the budda sd18 combo. check out several manufacturers if possible. The tuki cover for the budda was less $$ then studio slips, but a cover for the princeton is the same both places.

jwp

6. lochry

lochry Member

I've handled covers from most of the boutique manufactures for various amp restorations. Here are my favorites.

Check out Coveramp. They make a very heavy duty cover that cushions the amp. Rain -- snow -- no problem. Nice looking too. (They are Canadian)

http://www.coveramp.com/

For lighter weight covers with bells & whistles, check out Studio Slips. Susan, the woman who runs it, knows her stuff and is great to work with. (California)

http://www.studioslips.com/

7. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Tuki or studio slips. Both are great products from my experience.

8. FFTT

FFTT Member

Susan at Studio Slips offers cool stuff like extra pouches for your cables and
    switch pedals.

I also like the fact that her covers are washable.

9. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

Another place is www.lecover.com, I was happy with their covers for my keyboard amp. Get the padded ones, its worth the extra money.

10. bosstone

bosstone Member

If you want the best its Studio Slips.

11. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Member

Yet another vote for Susan at Studio Slips. Very personal service, great lady to deal with. Great quality covers, too.

12. jbert58

jbert58 Supporting Member

I've been very pleased with a cover I purchased from D2F (Designed to Fit) covers. Very good product, reasonably priced, and Tom (the owner) is great to deal with.

I liked the first one so much (for my Genz Benz Black Pearl combo), I just ordered one for my Reverend Kingsnake.

Check out their website: http://www.d2fcovers.com/Amplifier_covers.htm - the color chart is a riot!!!

Cheers,

Jbert

13. es125luv

es125luv Member

I just got my Studio Slips cover for my Genz Benz BP30 Head...

I am very impressed... and the price is right...

14. GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr Silver Supporting Member

+ 1 for Studio Slips.

I picked one up for a Tone King Meteor II recently and it fits like a glove! Super high quality, pocket and belly strap. They do a fantastic job.

I ordered it, in a couple of days I had an email with a drawing of my amp, including the dimensions (everything, like even all the distances from each side to the handle, the width of the handle, everything!!).

The instructions were to verify all the dimensions, correct if necessary and return the email. If they didn't hear from me within a week, it would be built to those dimensions. I replied (their dimensions were right, no corrections necessary) anyway that day. within a half-hour, I got a re-reply thanking me and that they would get started constructing the cover right away. Took about a week-10 days and I had my cover, in a custom color and custom options.

it fit so nicely there is no slack, no slop, but everything is covered perfectly. Excellent company.

They provide every kind of cover from vinyl slips, to padded covers, to top-of-the-line quilted clamshell covers.

15. eric-d

eric-d Member

+1
    Just ordered a black one with silver piping to match my Top Hat 2x12 Super Deluxe.... Should be in this week.... :AOK

16. Jules6120

Jules6120 Member

I can't recommend Studio Slips highly enough - I have 3 amps covered by them. Their "Clamshell" covers are what I got and couldn't be happier...

Reasonable shipping to Australia also...

17. rooster

rooster Member

I have a pair for my head and cab that should ship tomorrow or so, from Undercover NYC. I'll post when I get them.

rooster.

18. prsflame

prsflame Member

I have been using these covers for the past 3 years. They REALLY protect my gear, and are well built to withstand LOTS of heavy gigging, when a road case is not necessary:)

19. iggs

iggs Member

+1 for Studio Slips ... have them for my Dr. Z Route 66 and Z-Best cab, clamshells for both, they're really well made, durable, thick, padded and waterproof. I wouldn't go to a gig without them.