Amp Delivery - Test Drive Tuesday

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Campfired, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

Recently had been cultivating an interest in Larry Carlton. Also chose a Gibson ES-339 for my sound.

Also will be running 2 amps in stereo for a fuller, richer tone. And the 2nd amp that was delivered at my local GC was a 2007 Fender 65' DRRI.

Tuesday, I'll be listening for tone. The amps will reside vertically stacked with a constructed platform stable enough for the amps.

Family will be celebrating with some pizza and some wine Tuesday. Enjoy your evening! Amp will be given a bench test and possibly re-tubed.

Will provide the results of the test drive and stereo amps together late Tuesday evening.

2. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Ummmm..... Not to be a party pooper but if your gonna do stereo get at least 6-8' between the L-R amps. 2 vertically stacked amps ain't stereo.

3. IM4Tone

IM4Tone Member

It could be if each were mic'd....especially for a recording.

4. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Supporting Member

Congrats on the ES339! They are nice

5. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

So'k, the 2-amp 'stereo' effect is only for a fuller richer chorus effect sound. I don't need the 6-8' placement for actual 'stereo'. My music room space doesn't allow for 6-8' placement, so the workaround is the vertical choice.

Possibly! May not need to mic a cab either, though. Own an amp sim that could effectively solve that problem.

Thanks regards the 339! I'll be listening to the DRRI with my effects board and 339. Will check with GC in about 45 minutes and let them know I'll be there about noontime today.