Amp foam pads

metal_murf

Not sure what they're called but does anyone know where I can get the foam rubber pads in this video? Thanks.

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
I have no idea, but I want them too. I just emailed my sales guy t Sweetwater to see if he knows.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I just went to my local hardware store (the equivalent of Home Depot for you blokes in the US) and bought some felt furniture protectors (similar size and shape to the ones in the video). Cost a couple of bucks and works great.

metal_murf

I need foam rubber. I'm not looking to protect my cab. I'm trying to decouple the head and reduce vibration. Whenever I use my 2x12 with any of my amps and palm mute, certain notes vibrate the amp. It may be in my head but I swear I can hear it when recording. My kids have some foam rubber pads that did the trick but they want them back.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I need foam rubber. I'm not looking to protect my cab. I'm trying to decouple the head and reduce vibration. Whenever I use my 2x12 with any of my amps and palm mute, certain notes vibrate the amp. It may be in my head but I swear I can hear it when recording. My kids have some foam rubber pads that did the trick but they want them back.

Gotcha, yeah my solution won't do it for you then.

Could you not just buy a piece of foam and cut out the pieces?

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Google "Foam Mart" in Burbank, Ca, everything from flightcase foam to audio panels to heavy closed cell and beyond.
Great prices, and they have the best selection of foam I've seen.
Just redid a flight case with foam from them dirt cheap and was the same stuff my Anvils have in it.

metal_murf

Gotcha, yeah my solution won't do it for you then.

Could you not just buy a piece of foam and cut out the pieces?
I have a 12"x12" piece left over from when the kids needed protection from themselves and the floor. If I can't find those, I'll probably do just that.

Bass players put a pad under the whole thing, cabinet & amp. I had an Auralex Gramma pad that worked very well for this:

auralex-gramma-v2.jpg

ledzep618

Get some foam at home depot and cut some circles, or buy a couple hockey pucks. WE use hockey pucks all the time for decouple drum risers from the floor, etc works great and cheap.

I highly doubt you're getting vibrations coming through on a recording from a head/cab set up though I think it's in your head.

Also, damn the Smallbox sounds great. Is that Doug Rapparort, kinda looks like him? Whoever it is blows Mitch Gallaghers demos out of the water I hate to say, the Sweetwater Runt demo is awful.

octopus

Get some foam at home depot and cut some circles, or buy a couple hockey pucks. WE use hockey pucks all the time for decouple drum risers from the floor, etc works great and cheap.

I highly doubt you're getting vibrations coming through on a recording from a head/cab set up though I think it's in your head.

Also, damn the Smallbox sounds great. Is that Doug Rapparort, kinda looks like him? Whoever it is blows Mitch Gallaghers demos out of the water I hate to say, the Sweetwater Runt demo is awful.

Yes, it is Doug. His tone is god-tier on all the Sweetwater Friedman demos. Sold me on the JJ.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom