Amp Handles- Leather. Where?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jujo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

Guys- where are the suppliers of nice padded leather amp handles? I searched TGP and didn't see much info except from 2007... It seems El Dorado and Brockwood are the top two?

I'm looking to replace a vintage style 2 screw Fender handle. But I want it to be really comfortable. The amp weighs about 35lbs.

2. nmontz

nmontz Member

I needed a new handle for a amp this week. I ordered a el dorado. There was nothing wrong with the handle but honestly I was disappointed. For what I paid for it....I didn't think it was all that much better than a fender ri handle. It handles I suppose so I guess I'll use it. Anyway, I do like my el dorado guitar straps. The last handle I bought a few years ago was a L and L handle. It's quality was just night and day above anything else out there and so much more like a original 50's handle. So I guess next time...I'll just buy an el cheapo and save a few bucks or try to find a harness/tack shop that will build me one just like I want it...or at least something I find acceptable.

3. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

I ordered a couple of raised leather handles from Bob at Brookwood Leather and couldn't be happier. Very high quality, handmade and a perfect fit.

www.brookwoodleather.com/

4. gmann

gmann Member

I've had several of the El Dorado handles and think they are the best. The one on my repro tweed Pro looks exactly like the one on my '59 tweed Pro, 'cept newer. To be sure there are much sturdier leather handles out there but El Dorado are the only guys makin' what I would consider a replica handle. Makes me wonder if they've changed something in the way they make them. I do love the straps they make.

5. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

Guys- I'm not looking for the most vintage correct. I'm looking for the most comfortable. If that helps narrow the options. It just needs to fit the screw holes for a vintage handle. I want something that doesn't hurt my hand while I carry the amp.

6. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

anybody else?

7. machinistchest

machinistchest Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. Trout

Trout Member

+1

One of the best leather guys in music, excellent player as well.