Amp Head or Amp Recommendation - Clean Fender Blues-like

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RocknPop, Mar 23, 2015.

1. RocknPop

RocknPop Supporting Member

I'm looking to add an amp to my setup. I have a Mesa TA-15, and I primarily only use the Fender and Vox channels (the 5W and the 15W settings). I'm interested in options in this wattage that I can just plug to my Vox 1x12 open cab or I can also consider a combo option.

Any recommendation (and why) would be great.

2. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

3. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Member

Plenty of choice but yes, Jazzandmore is right. I have a Singleman Head (2/15/50W) and it is a fantastic amp, for home, studio and gigs. For us European players, there's not much choice in the clean Fender like boutique market, and the Brunetti is a real winner for the price here.

4. RocknPop

I'm thinking something 2-5W... The 15W sounds great clean in my Mesa... afraid it might be too loud on these amps?

5. Rumble

Rumble Instrumental Rocker Silver Supporting Member

I'm thinking about the newly released Quilter "Aviator Gold" head for home/bedroom use. Supposedly, they sound just as good at lower settings as full on. They sound quite good for S/S. Still not sure, as I'm a dedicated tube junkie.

6. Jazzandmore

The Singleman 16 gives you 1/4/16 W settings. I use the 1W all the time at home. You won't lose dynamics down at 1W. A number of the YouTube demoes are done at 1W to show the amps versatility. But yes if you crank it, 1W will give you plenty of volume.

7. RocknPop

Enticing... where could I find a Singleman 16?

8. Jazzandmore

On the website he lists a few US shops that carry the amp. They are handmade in Italy. I've helped 6 guys here in SoCal get them. If you are serious about one I would try GuitarX in Denver, my buddy got his from there. Or email Marco Brunetti and he'll make one for you.

I forgot to mention the Brunetti Metropolitan. It's a smaller 10W, 2 channel amp. It's great for home...yes I have it as well :). Google "Brunetti Metropolitan Hilden" and you will find lots of very high quality vids of Gregor Hilden demoing different guitars using the Metro. He also does a lot with the Singleman 16.

I got my Singleman back in 2012 and besides the Metro, I have not wanted anything else.

9. charley

charley Supporting Member

I have a Quilter Tone Block. It is fabulous. With a preamp pedal in front, you get BF Fender Heaven. If pedals aren't your thing, and you want onboard verb and trem, I imagine their other amps are equally (if not more) spectacular.

I've been gigging my Tone Block, and it sounds great. The only issue I have had so far is that a there is some noise with the DI on the amp.....but I was using it on an outdoor stage, with a lot of other gear. I isolated the issue to the DI, but, I am confident in a situation with better power, the noise will disappear.