Amp hum issues

Jack388

I have a vox tb18 and recently it started a nasty hum. I was playing at a church and I had to borrow an amp for the weekend because it was so bad. It is now doing it at home so I'm sure it's not a power supply or grounding issue. It does it without my board and just guitar plugged in. Or without anything plugged in. It comes on after a few minutes of playing. I thought maybe it was a transformer or tube issue. I plugged it into an external cabinet and have no hum. Even from the amp itself. So could it be a problem with my speaker? Any ideas or own experience would be helpful. Thanks

WillLane

Check the speaker connections on the back and make sure they are secure. Is impedance and wattage all matched from the amp to the internal speaker?

Jack388

Check the speaker connections on the back and make sure they are secure. Is impedance and wattage all matched from the amp to the internal speaker?
Yeah the ohm ratings are right, I can check the connections on the speaker again. I took them off and put them back on yesterday and the same hum came on

Trending Topics