Amp-in-a-pedal recommendations to go direct to PA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DrSax, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:13 PM.

1. Slashaholic Anonymous

Slashaholic Anonymous Supporting Member

Whichever AMT Legendary v2 amp style suits your needs best. You can switch between a clean and overdrive tone, and they have cab simulation.

2. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

BluGuitar. AxeFX FM3. Any of them really.

3. edward

edward Supporting Member

Coming off your pedalboard? The Radial Direct Drive is made to do exactly this. Get one used; not too pricey, and it's Radial quality! I have one that I use rarely, really more as a backup. But it does sound good straight into the house snake.

Edward

4. Junta

Junta Member

Radial JDX Direct Drive - JHS Clover combo (and any other pedal you throw in there depending on what you play, clean, dirty, jazz, rock, country, etc.)

This:
    [​IMG]
    ...into a high end mp3 player, aux-in or into studio monitors....Or a PA of course.

All analog (including the analog dry-thru of the digital delay and reverb), no latency.

Here is my report back:
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...s-clover-and-radial-jdx-direct-drive.2035820/

chillybilly likes this.
  5. NorthXeo

NorthXeo Member

I still got my Tech 21 RK5. Sounds good even for direct recording.

6. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I bought a Tech 21 RK5 specifically for this reason. For practice I was bringing my pedalboard, but overdrive pedals through pa systems kind of blow. Rather than search and overdrive which would only have one function and cost more, I bought this. Listen to Richie Kotzen, I think he sounds fantastic. The function and design make sense from a practical standpoint.

7. stonem

stonem Member

I literally came here to say this.

8. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Splurge and get these two. If you want to stay low cost, Joyo. I also like, actually prefer, the AC Tone but the American Sound may work better for your situation. If you want it to be an even better experience add the NUX. Note that the NUX requires external power and draws around 200ma so that may influence your setup. The Joyo stuff runs on 9v battery or external power.

hunter