• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amp like bassman?

wescattle

So is there an amp out there that sounds like a bassman , but with the soldano prescision? Love the bassman, but sometimes it seems a little to open. Thinking about gettng a blackface soon, but want to see some other amps.

jdh

Wescattle,

JTM45. Note: Soldanos use solid state rectifiers, so they are not going to have the same harmonic structure.

Dennis

bobcs71

If you like a Soldano sound my suggestion is to get one. It's like chasing the wind otherwise.

wescattle

Part of loves the soldanos, but they've got that metal thing going on, which im not ao into. From what ive seen the lucky 13 looks really cool, but its really expensive.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
The jtm45 suggestions are right on. Whitney, Germino, Soultone all build amazing amps

dmagalhaes

Silver Supporting Member
Part of loves the soldanos, but they've got that metal thing going on, which im not ao into. From what ive seen the lucky 13 looks really cool, but its really expensive.
Lot's of non-metal guys have used Soldano's over the years. Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler and John Fogerty have all used SLO's at one point or another. Not sure how certain amps always get these stigma's:huh

dmagalhaes

Silver Supporting Member
Lot's of non-metal guys have used Soldano's over the years. Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler and John Fogerty have all used SLO's at one point or another. Not sure how certain amps always get these stigma's:huh

Oz Hofstatter

So is there an amp out there that sounds like a bassman , but with the soldano prescision? Love the bassman, but sometimes it seems a little to open. Thinking about gettng a blackface soon, but want to see some other amps.
Biased guy here, but my $ 0.02 cents goes to....
Grammatico Kingsville: it's like to put in a blender the blackface, brownface and tweed. Awesome amp!
Cheers,
Oz

jdh

plexireplicas.com Metropoulos GPM45. For what it's worth, I believe the Bassman/JTM45 amp can do anything, and Mr. Metropoulos is a talented craftsman not to mention he has the best customer service.

He promised me an amp on a certain date, and when he was late 4 days he sent along a free y-cord and cover to make up for it. Did I mention he was a talented builder?

Dennis

gtraddict

If you want a Soldano but cheaper and more "Fender-y" try an Astroverb, ranging from glassy clean, to gritty edge, to modern high-gain,

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
Biased guy here, but my $ 0.02 cents goes to....
Grammatico Kingsville: it's like to put in a blender the blackface, brownface and tweed. Awesome amp!
Cheers,
Oz
Yep! I have played this amp at Oz's shop. It is just jaw dropping. Great amp! It blew away just about any bassman out there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom