Amp line out help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mr. G., May 6, 2015.

1. Mr. G.

Mr. G. Member

Got a Blackstar ID:15TVP a few weeks back and have been loving it to bits. It's a great practice amp, and is plenty loud enough for band rehearsals. Since it's loud enough for that, and still sounds good, I'm going to be using it for a gig this weekend. It's a pretty small room, and a fairly quiet gig for my 5 piece band. My lead guitarist uses a small Gallien Krueger 250ml with the DI going to the PA (impressive tones from such a small amp, even on its own). I want to do the same with my Blackstar using the headphones/emulated out. It's an 1/8" stereo jack. What would be the best way to get the signal to the board? It'll only be about 10-15 feet away. Should I just use an 1/8" to 1/4" stereo adaptor and a TRS cable to the board? Since it's a stereo output, if I'm plugged into a mono channel, and use the stereo effects, will there be any phasing issues, or will it simply sound the same as the effects in mono through the amps speaker?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mr. G.

Mr. G. Member

Here's something I found that might work.

http://www.radialeng.com/stagebugsb5.php

Will still need to figure out a quick and dirty way of getting the signal to the board for this weekends show, though, as no local stores have that in stock.