• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amp Magazine

Metalmike117

Now we all know that Guitar World is like people magazine, and there are only a few other magazines (usually from the UK) that appeal to the boutique players. Vintage guitar is my favorite, because they interview real players not Avenged Seven-gay. They also have a lot to offer in regards to information on the vintage market.

So with that being said, I would buy a life time subscription to a Amp and pedal magazine. Imagine you go to a book store and there is a magazine with a Dr. Z on the cover next to a pedal board that fell from heaven. Would anyone here dig that? A magazine just for pedals and amps, no BS?

-M

bizzwriter

I would personally love it. However, it costs a lot of $$$ to start a magazine, and the market might not support one so narrowly focused. One reason so many guitar mags exist is because they draw ads from ANYTHING that's guitar related -- from guitars (duh) to amps to stompboxes to instructional videos to straps and even picks.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
What Guitar? from the UK is sorta like that, but new stuff. And Vintage Guitar. I have not seen any others close. So A new one like that would rock, that is easy to find here in the states.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
oh, and now that Guitar World and Guitar One are owned by the same company (UK based) along with a few others, they are VERY much the same mag. They cover the same things, just different months, boring!

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Sort of like The Tonequest Report (though they do have their bias)?

k_kush

While it isn't just amps/pedals...Premier Guitar is a great magazine for bouteek gear. I got a subscription (off Amazon) for Christmas and love it. Hard to find in book stores/newstands though.

Metalmike117

While it isn't just amps/pedals...Premier Guitar is a great magazine for bouteek gear. I got a subscription (off Amazon) for Christmas and love it. Hard to find in book stores/newstands though.

Thank you sir!

Premier guitar's website has digital magazines so the entire issue is available online! AWESOME!

billyguitar

Say what you want about Gerald Weber but that was always the first column I would read in Vintage Guitar. I would definiely like to see more amp content in magazines. And not just about cranking them up. How do they sound clean is more important to me. More amps sound good cranked than sound good clean.

bosstone

Boutique and vintage people would never take out enough advertising and the big manufactures would only clutter it up with adds for their half hearted clone and reissue amps.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom