• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Amp Mods in Austin Texas?

dksouthpaw

Looking to get my Blues Junior modded into something more like a Princeton- or at least just get it swapped with some 6v6 tubes.

i found this guy
http://www.williamsvintageamps.com/

but i emailed him about a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

So i come to with the question of who could i take my amp to? I know Austin Vintage does repairs but i dont know about modding anything or if there's some random awesome guy doing basement work thats fantastic. (well not really "Basement" since we don't have very many of those here)

guitarmook

Bill Webb at Austin Vintage, or Jon Bessent at Tonecraft - I think either of them could talk to you about what you want out of that amp, and either find a way to get it, or tell you (if it's true) that you'd be better served selling that amp and buying something different.

Billm

Jon does good work on Blues Juniors (and everything else). He and I swap tips from time to time.

Billm

The full suite of Billm mods plus an upgraded output transformer gets you a pretty rollicking amp. You could switch to 6V6s, but you can get pretty close without the tube swap.

Trending Topics