Amp Noise Caused By Power Board?

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Hi All.

At home I plug some of my amps into a power board that is shared with 2 other devices (a logitech audio system and a Apple AirPort). Whatever amps that are plugged into this power board are really noisy (hum etc..) and when I take them and plug them into a different board, or the wall they are dead silent.

So I'm assuming the fact that the power board in question has the other devices running off it is causing the noise issue?

Do I need to buy a switched power board to use, where each plug has an on/off switch? Something like this below?

PT1816_MAIN_zoom.jpg

Blue Strat

I don't think the switches are going to help unless you're using them to turn off the other devices. I think you need to do what you just did, and keep the amp isolated from the other devices.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Why are you resisting the simple solution that you already know works?

Only because that side of the room where the other power source is located is already full of other amps. Otherwise I'd move them and leave them there.

Blue Strat

Only because that side of the room where the other power source is located is already full of other amps. Otherwise I'd move them and leave them there.

To isolate the source of the problem try moving each of the culprits to another power source, one at a time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom