• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Amp of My Dreams.

These amps are killer. I've got a 1482 and it really sounds great. No joke - way cool tones for not much bread, even after you take it to your amp mechanic to get it brought back to spec.

trisonic

I like those amps too, with one proviso (and forgive me) I don't think that the cabinets would hold up to much travel - the last one I took a look at had one corner that was papier mache like.

Best, Pete.

Pete - you're absolutely right about them being made out of recycled Kleenex. That's why I'm thinking of finding a cab maker to build me gig-worthy cabs for my trashy 60s amps. No doubt some of the sound would be lost, but the ability to actually take them to clubs and get them there and back in one piece would be sweet.

trisonic

D-o-C,

Yeah but you get someone like Bob Burt to make a new headbox and speaker cabinet and it should sound much better.

I can't imagine recycled Kleenex adding to anything (except a landfill).

Best, Pete.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Now don't be so quick to judge recycled kleenex. You get enough of that stuff and a pot of boiling water and a delicious and nutritious soup can't be too far behind.

littlemoon

Hey, guys - I wasn't kidding. I actually placed a bid on it, and this one looks to be in fantastic shape. That's also a fabulous design concept with the head tucking away neatly in the speaker cab for transport and storage.

littlemoon

trisonic

No, I agree with you they sound very good indeed, hence the discussion about the boxes.

Best, Pete.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, no question about it, these are legitimately good sounding amps.

Trending Topics