Amp of the gods...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by telecopter, May 21, 2011.

1. telecopter

telecopter Member

My local GC got an original '59 Bassman combo...it looks like you'd expect, very cool and relic'd. One of the salesguys (who rips, btw), had it cranked up in the glassed in Platinum Room...wow. All I can say is wow.

Total early ZZ Top tone. I wish I had the coin to take it home, but on the other hand, there is no place that I play out that I could crank it up that loud!

2. Twangasaurus

Twangasaurus Member

One day somebody will invent a sentient single 10cm x 10cm square of wallpaper that feeds off the sound of your amplifier, and as it feed it grows like a glowing psychedelic moss up your walls and the ceiling until it covers the entire room. It will give you tips on your sound and encourage you to play by garnering sympathy when you don't feed it enough. Magically as the moss/wallpaper feeds it brings down the volume of your cranked twin/bassman/showman to safe bedroom levels and you will rejoice.
    Its that time of night...

3. VTM Mike

VTM Mike Member

Which GC? I may have to take a ride out!

4. big jilm

big jilm Supporting Member

I've always wanted to try a Bassman cranked.

5. telecopter

telecopter Member

Arlington Heights...