• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amp price hikes, holy smokes

mikey69

was surfin the web and noticed that prices are going up fast on some items ...a new Vox AC15C1 is now $900 , Blackstar HT Club 40 in now $1000, 65 Princeton $1200 ...I'm sure this is just the beginning of the new normal ...wish I had bought some bitcoin instead of that case of cheese whiz ! :p

JCU

Platinum Supporting Member
Raising across the board: guitars, parts, effects, market fees, etc. The tragedy is that both sellers and buyers are being hurt by these increases whilst those in the middle aren’t (marketplaces, tax, shipping, etc).

Last edited:

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
We just reordered parts for the next production run. Unreal price hikes across the board. Power supply chokes, for example, more than double what they were when we last ordered 8 months ago.

There is no option but to raise prices on the finished product. None.

Hogy, Komet Amplification.

t1r12003

I work for a manufacturer in a non music related industry and between tariffs and the global supply chain issues and the cost of shipping containers at 5 times normal costs this is happening across the board for many products.

Good news is lots of great amps out there in the used market

pepedede

I work for a manufacturer in a non music related industry and between tariffs and the global supply chain issues and the cost of shipping containers at 5 times normal costs this is happening across the board for many products.

I've noticed the quality used stuff is up too. Not much under $2k for the handwired stuff.

karmadave

Gold Supporting Member
The Global Supply Chain is a mess, right now, and is expected not to recover until at least late 2022 if not early 2023. This is impacting the price and availability of ALL products with electronic components and even some without. It’s ugly :(

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member

Yeap, but then you price a 3 months old amp 500 dollars below the new (cant get one right now because everything went down in flames ) price and it doesn't move.... At least not here in the Emporium and I hate reverb nowadays.

Lot's of "offers" thou.

dazco

Motorcycles too. I wanted to get a second small bike for short rides and the one i was considering that i saw new before the pandemic going for as little as $7k new are now $9.7k and no one is discounting them. I was all set to go buy one then i saw whats happened to the prices and passed. Even used ones people are trying to sell for literally $300-500 less than new ! It's absurd. I decided to waiut till this crap is over, assuming it even does pass.

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
If you guys want to point a finger..............look at the shipping companies.

They have, IMHO, the biggest impact on prices going up.............both Sea & Air.

20' FCL rates change weekly & all are going north at a rapid rate. I'm looking forward to the FMC putting their foot down & sticking it up the shipping companies.

I suppose the other issue will be profit. In some cases manufacturer's profits are quite good so they can suck up some raw material price hikes, but just don't want to.

In many cases, price hikes can't be helped & fair at this point in time.

:beer

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
We just reordered parts for the next production run. Unreal price hikes across the board. Power supply chokes, for example, more than double what they were when we last ordered 8 months ago.

There is no option but to raise prices on the finished product. None.

Hogy, Komet Amplification.
Can I go ahead and send my deposit for the new model now? :hide2

mikey69

yeah used is the way to go, been on the look out for a Mesa TA-15 for awhile now ...I bought a Gries 5 watt head brand new in the spring 2020 for $399 + shipping ..looking like a bigger deal as time goes on. I do not blame anyone for the price hikes, you gotta do what you gotta do and pass the buck, but I wonder if this will price some folks out of the market, because I doubt people wages are going up at the same rate

Trending Topics

Top Bottom