amp screws w/grommets

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Lonesomedave, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Member

What is a good source for amp screws with the metal grommets that the screw fits in on top of the tolex.
    Thanx in advance for your help-

2. stump

stump Member

3. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

good luck getting oval head phllips screws tho - I went through this last weekend...

Lots of robertson (square hole) flat head screws -

4. roadhog96

roadhog96 Member

If your looking for original style screws like Fender used email this guy, Jay Fletcher he has the genuine Nickel plated steel oval head Philips # 8 screws with the grommets like the originals. He also has the ones for the back panels #6 for the amps. He doesn't have the ones your looking for listed this week but had them last week. You can buy directly from him without ebay. He will take Pay Pal. I ordered 36 for my cab and 8 for my amp last week and had them in a couple of days. I told him I would refer him to others for such a good service. Anyway I've searched everywhere and nobody has these screws like the originals. I've found zinc, cadium, stainless, but no nickel in these styles, he's the only one. If you don't care about being original, any hardware store carries the same screw just not nickel plated. You can contact him by asking seller a question on ebay or probably by this email account. He uses this email address for PayPal payments. jay_fletcher@sbcglobal.net Tell him icepool sent you. http://cgi.ebay.com/24-Vintage-Nick...ryZ43375QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

Do you have Jay Fletcher's email address? You can PM if you want

Thanks!

6. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

Go to a bolt supply house and get the correct screws and 'dress' washers.They are just like what many amp companies use.They come in a variety of sizes.

7. roadhog96

roadhog96 Member

8. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

9. roadhog96

roadhog96 Member

Like I said before, any screw the right size and thread will work but if your looking for original spec screws, if that is important to you, he is the guy to get them. I've spent several weeks looking on the internet and running around town to every hardware store and nobody has nickel plated steel oval head Philips screws.

10. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

11. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Member

The thing I was calling a grommet is actually called a finishing washer.
    I found them at Home Depot in regular and goldtone. Thanx for the help.
    Lonesomedave-