Amp Service in New England - MA/NH/ME area

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cram, Apr 7, 2015.

1. cram

cram Member

I have two amps currently and with one of them needing new power tubes I would like to have it biased. I used to go to watertown MA where Tom @Aztech would service it for me - he was our guy! But I live a bit too far up the road these days from that location.

So, I'm looking for people in the coastal region from the north shore of MA through Elliot and Kittery ME I guess. A local guy pointed me to a repair place in Manchester that has someone from Daddy's old staff... At this point I was going to check him out, but wanted to search locally for other options.

Thanks!

2. cram

cram Member

Hmmm. I just noticed Gary's Guitars in Portsmouth. Only one mention of a guy named Paul who works on amps/electronics so maybe they're worth checking out in portsmouth.

3. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

Stan Day in Wilmington is great

4. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

Not as far away as Aztech, Stan Day in Wilmington, MA is the MAN. He's been my amp tech for 6 years. I used to use Tom - and he is fantastic, albeit a little pricey. Stan is great with superb service and turnaround, reasonable rates, and an overall really chill guy that's fun/easy to talk to.

5. dc_jcm800

dc_jcm800 Member

Is Stan Day thru Performance Music in Woburn or direct contact?

6. Captain Sco

Captain Sco Member

Give Bill's Music in Peabody a call.

7. mrfender

mrfender Gold Supporting Member

I use Roy Goode in Arlington, MA

8. zenas

zenas Member

Hard guy to get hold of but he's in NH goes by Muchxs over on TDPRI. Join the site and PM him.

9. cram

cram Member

I noticed him listed here:
    Performance Music center

Thanks for all the suggestions. I drive by Woburn a couple days a week, so I'll reach out to Stan somehow.

teleking36 - I get what you're saying about Tom @ Aztech, but that's where he's located so the price makes sense. It seems everyone playing in the boston area uses their shop. I had a marshall amp in for repair in '05 or so... 4 years later, I brought the amp in again and he remembered every single detail of our interaction and the work he did.

I've even seen people not appreciate how direct and seemingly cold his personality is, but when someone remembers detail like that - they are competent and know what they're doing!

thank you for all the suggestions. everyone; thank you

10. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Supporting Member

Dennis LeBaron in Brookline, NH. He's awesome, very busy but worth giving him a call as well. He always does awesome work, warranty for many companies, and can talk about gear and amps all day (watch out :)

11. zenas

zenas Member

Guy I'm talking about is in Claremont NH.

12. heathyyy

heathyyy Member

I had my twin reverb re-tubed and re-biased by these guys in Derry, NH. http://www.lbaudio.com/ sure nice, affordable, excellent service.