Amp sim pedal for jazzbox?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wengr, Jan 27, 2015.

1. wengr

wengr Member

Hello. I'm wondering if it's possible to plug an archtop into an amp/cab sim pedal, and then into a small mixer, thereby negating the need for an amplifier.
    The guitars will be solid and laminate top good quality archtops, and for reference, if I was to haul an amp, my choice would be my '66 fender super reverb. I tend to avoid digital, but if that's the best solution, then I am open to it. Any info appreciated.

2. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Something like the Zoom G3 would be fine.

3. midwayfair

midwayfair Member

4. JCJones

JCJones Member

Yeah, the Tech 21 stuff seems most suitable. But if you want effects you may have to go digital.

But if you can mic a small amp the Lunchbox amps are amazing. I love mine and I'm mostly a Jazzer. But you might still need something to cop the SR sound.

Did Lovepedal do a Super Reverb pedal?

5. chrisjw5

chrisjw5 Supporting Member

Tech 21 Fly Rig 5.

Analog amp sim based on a Fender Blonde, Boost, Reverb and Delay. Goes direct.

6. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

7. Apegryn

Apegryn Member

You should check out the russian pedalmaker AMT. All of their preamps have built in cab sims which i find much better than anything else I've tried.

And if you've found a great preamp and just want a standalone cab sim, their AMT CN-1 is pure magic.

8. wengr

wengr Member

Thanks for all the replies. I have tried Sansamp for bass, but not for guitar.
    I'll check out as many suggestions as I can.

9. wengr

wengr Member

I had watched some Ethos demos on youtube, and frankly did not really care for the tones I was hearing. However, this sounds really good. Can you share what exactly the whole chain is here? Are you recording direct to the camera?

10. Lpmusicservices

Lpmusicservices Member

Might sound ridiculous but have you considered going direct with a nice compressor and reverb pedal? I'm a jazz player and have found completely good tone doing that. Only caveat is its a super clean sound. The compressor does well in giving sag. I also used a fishman DI pedal that had eq and some compression level, I believe.