Amp stuck in IL, of all places. *UPS content*

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SeeMoore, Aug 11, 2008.

1. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

Tracking shows amp arrived 08/08/08 6:07pm, and as of right now, 08/11/08 at 4:00pm est, it's still there, no departure scan.
    Something is wrong I'm sure, and there's no number to call, only an e-mail support.

Anyone else had a package sit at one location for 4 days!?!?!

*rant is diquised as a cry for re-assurance*

2. frank62

frank62 Member

^We bought a mixer and it was "missing" from UPS for almost a month. Last physical scan was outside Chicago. It was finally found in Denver at their "dead packages" wharehouse. Unbelievable trying to get them on the phone or do anything to find your item. I got a # to the Chicago depot but it did no good. I asked them to go look for it and they would not do it. This is a 48 channel board in a road case. Pretty hard to misplace I think. Never again will I fool with that bunch. The cost was $160.00 for this fine service.

3. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

I'm waiting for a guitar which shipped last friday. The UPS website still says only "billing information received.":Devil

4. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

I think Hodgkins IL is just outside Chicago. :worried

Yup, it's the hub for the windy city, I'm screwed.:bkw

5. gdomeier

gdomeier Supporting Member

Is is Cache Illinois? I always saw my packages hanging up there. Found out it stands for chicago area consolidation hub. Not really a town at all!

6. frank62

frank62 Member

That's the place!!! I feel for you Bro.

7. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

I wouldnt sweat it too much...got there Friday, its just now Monday..........I bet the status will change tonight sometime....I have had several take all day for the status to change....then when it does, it has already made it through two depots.....I wouldnt get too worried this early..

8. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

Happened to me - I was told by UPS that some UPS distribution centers don't work on the weekends.

Boycott UPS! I always try to find another way to send/receive.
    -they deliver late
    -they don't know how to pack amps and guitars
    -stuff gets "lost"
    -no-work weekends
    -they get back in their truck before I get to the door
    -they don't read instructions left at my door
    -they deliver to the wrong door (they don't bother to read the apt. no. displayed after the street no.)
    -they have delivered DVD's w/o the DVD
    -always seem to place "This Side Up" "down" or "sideways"
    -they love foo-foo peanuts

Too much pure shite (long "i"). Go USPS IMnotsohumbleO.

9. Julia343

Julia343 Member

They break ****. They drop ****. I hate UPS. Unfortunately I don't have a choice sometimes when the vendor chooses UPS. I think sometimes the post office is better. Neither rain nor snow nor sleet and all that rot.

I had an amp arrive that looked like it had been run over by a forklift. It was amazing it even worked.

I had an AC unit show up with the box repackaged (meaning they dropped it and the box broke). A critical part was shattered. 90F in the studio. I glued it back together while I was awaiting a new one from Costco.

10. snoggin

snoggin Member

I must be the only one on this board that has had nothing but good experiences with ups.. seriously nothing has gone wrong in around 30 transactiuons. knock on wood

11. Birddog

Birddog Member

I have a guitar and amp both en-route to Ebay buyers out west, and both spent the longest amount of time in Hodgkins IL....

UPS can be slow on the updates, as mentioned above.

12. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

If you guys have a problem with UPS, you haven't tried FedEx yet.... eek!

13. fuzzfan1

fuzzfan1 Member

North of the Cheddar Curtain-Shorewood Wisconsin
    I've had nothing but positive experiences as well. Well over 30 transactions for me and not even a late package. Guitars, Amps, Pedals etc. etc. without a hitch. Knock on wood here as well! :worried

I've never shipped anything with USPS except for small packages with no problems. They could get a better tracking system though...

Fed Ex Sucks!

DHL is the worst! Period! :bkw :FM

Hope everything works out for you SeeMore!

14. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

My Chapin showed on the website as out for delivery on a Friday morning. When it didn't arrive by Fri. afternoon, UPS told me to wait until Monday. It showed up on ebay 8 months later. The bottom line: the tracking information means nothing.

15. mxr2000

mxr2000 Member

Guys why you think that fed ex is the worse?

16. mlj_gear

mlj_gear Member

I think FedEx is FAR better than UPS. I have sent and/or received hundreds of pieces of gear via each one by now. I have had numerous horrible experience with UPS. On the other hand, someone once snatched an amp from the front porch of someone that I had it delivered to via FedEx, and FedEx covered it. It was not necessarily fun to go through the claims process, but FedEx fixed it in the end. On the other hand, it seems like I have to go through the claims process all the time with UPS, and it is always extremely unpleasant.

17. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

Fedex and DHL both are real good at dumping stuff at your door and running. I've had several packages lost/stolen cause they just dump stuff off. At least with UPS, they hold onto stuff when your not there to sign. I prefer the USPS in most cases.

18. analogwarmth

analogwarmth Member

had one go from chicago to seattle, to lubbock, and was stuck in seattle for 8 days. showed up on my doorstep footswitch was busted and the speakers were hanging by the wires in the combo. nice UPS nice!!! but hey they paid out and me and the seller made money off the deal.

19. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

Hey, got a departure scan from Hodgkins, but no arrival scan anywhere yet, and it's due at my house tomorrow. when I'm at work and my wife is here and she hates UPS as much as you guys but not for the same reasons.

20. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Nah, not the only one. I haven't kept count, but I'm positive I've shipped or received at least 60 items and no problems.