Amp Tech in Jacksonville Florida area

Redfish

I just bought a 72 Silverface Twin Reverb and need a good tech to go through it. Anyone know of a GOOD tech in the Jacksonville Fl. area?

RL in Fla

Roy Abell - Abell Amp repair

Saint Augustine

904 429-7612

```````````````````````````````````````

If all it needs is a check-up Call Chip's Music ... 641-2003 11-6 Tues-Sat

He's got 2 guys he farms out to ...
no guarantee on wait time , prob'ly 2-3 weeks + :rolleyes:

This town is cryin' for a good full-timer from what I've been hearing for several years .

Zim

Silver Supporting Member

Saint Augustine

904 429-7612

This town is cryin' for a good full-timer from what I've been hearing for several years .

Dead on! He beat me to it and saved me from trying to find the numbers.

And St. Augustine, so needs a full time amp guy, he would never be with out work! I was gonna go to scholl for it, but there is no schools for it around there, and now I'm up here wishing I was back there.

Redfish

Saint Augustine

904 429-7612

Thanks bud, Could you check that number again? It's saying it's not a valid number. I tried to find this guy all week but the only thing I've found is an old address in Orange Park. Directory assistance has no listing for it in St. Augustine. I think I need a little more than a checkup. Possibly a cap job.

No green plug Zim.

HandOfTheHost

There's a guy in Arlington named Richard Shenkenstein(?) I took a Gibson RVT to him last summer and he did a good job on it. I'll try to find one of his cards and post the info here.

Marshall Man

What ever happened to Active Electronics on Beach I believe? When I was stationed in Jax in the 90's I used to have him work on my Marshall.

Harrison0811

Silver Supporting Member
Roy moved to California a few years back to start building his own amps.(blankenship amps) The only other person left is Richard Shenkenstein.. as mentioned.. he fixed up a randall Rm100 head of mine. Very good, and nice guy. I think he may do warranty work for fender and marshall now too.

Also check Jaxbands.com

Redfish

Roy moved to California a few years back to start building his own amps.(blankenship amps) The only other person left is Richard Shenkenstein.. as mentioned.. he fixed up a randall Rm100 head of mine. Very good, and nice guy. I think he may do warranty work for fender and marshall now too.

Also check Jaxbands.com
Do you have his number?

HandOfTheHost

I haven't found his card, so hopefully you'll get him through the jaxbands.com site. There was someone in Orange Park advertising on craigslist a couple months ago. I'm not sure but I suspect he might be a Bill Ferris disciple, which would be cool. I was one of the multitudes of Jax guitarists who used to go to Bill for amp repairs and general enlightening in the ways of good tone.

Redfish

Thanks Joe, I called and sent an email today but didn't hear anything. I'm not sure I have the right phone number because it is just a generic voicemail box. I looked through Craigs list but didn't see anyone. If anyone knows this other guy in OP please let me know. I can't believe in a city this size there is not one good tech that has a good track record and is interested in my business. I've heard good things about Shenkeinstein so hopefully he will get back with me. This is very frustrating. I hate to think I'm going to have to box the chassis up and send it somewhere.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
Call Don at Dons Guitars, he could tell you where to go, Or Buddy. Hell, Buddy might, MIGHT be able to do it for you. I know he is pretty handy with guitars. Tell him Cleet from St. Augustine (now in NY) sent you.

1-904-779-2887

Redfish

Anybody found Shenkeinsteins number yet? I've left a message at the only number I found yesterday but it appeared to be an old ad and I haven't heard from him. Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to find a tech sooner or later. I have a buddy who tried Don's guy Zim but he kept the amp 4 months and never fixed it. I've known Don for about 25 years so I may end up calling him if I can't find Dr. Shenk.

Redfish

Thanks Joe, I can't find anyone in Craigs list and I still haven't heard from Dr. Shenkeinstein. If anyone knows if he's still in town please let me know.

Zim

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder if that 4 month thing was when there was a shake up at the amp place? Best bet that I know of is Don.

Ah, I got my '95 USA P-bass from Don many years ago, and it is still my #1!

Trending Topics