• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Amp techs in Philadelphia, PA

mightypudge

I need to have my amp bias checked (and possibly adjusted) after replacing my power tubes. My usual guy is unavailable for a few weeks and I'd like to do this ASAP.

Anyone from the Philly area know a good amp tech?

JNixon

Gold Supporting Member
Rick Emory at The Music Place in Berlin, NJ (maybe 30 minutes over the bridge) is top notch and a nice guy to boot. He has always done me right.

scottl

Pudge,

Bring it to my house. I have a digital multimeter and regularly bias my amp. What kind is it???

I am only 5 minutes from Baba by the way...

scottl

It's cake my man... Pin 8 and chassis ground. Same as my amps.

Why don't you email my Baba?? Maybe we can all jam. I need some new rock moves! You and Baba can give me a refresher.

Scott

mightypudge

Originally posted by scottl
It's cake my man... Pin 8 and chassis ground. Same as my amps.

Why don't you email my Baba?? Maybe we can all jam. I need some new rock moves! You and Baba can give me a refresher.

Scott
Email sent!

mightypudge

I actually managed to bias the amp myself this afternoon. You were right, it is a piece of cake.

Thanks!!!

NOVA70

Silver Supporting Member
MightyPudge,
Jim Walton is one of the best tech's in Phila. Authorized for several companies 215-342-7327
Regards,
nova70

PSaulino

Nice to see that you solved your problem.

Jim was going to be my recomendation. Keep his name/number for future reference.

p.

M

mbetter

John Martin of Martone Amps is my man in Philly.. just for future reference..

Mike

Trending Topics