Amp techs in SE WI?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by mikey, Jan 20, 2005.

1. mikey

mikey Supporting Member

I need some work done on two of my amps. Can anyone recommend me a tech in the southeast WI/Milwaukee area?

2. mikey

mikey Supporting Member

:( Okay... Can someone recommend a reputable repair place anywhere in WI? I'm having a hard time believing there is no one near Milwaukee that can fix a Marshall. I need two pots replaced and would like to have the filter and bias caps on a JCM 2550 replaced. Anyone out there???

3. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Supporting Member

www.webervst.com/techreg/wisconsi.htm

Perhaps you've already tried calling around to see of any local stores do in-house repairs?The repair folks for electronics and guitar repair at the evil empire,GC,are usually independent contractors and sometimes are actually experienced and quite qualified.You can also check local musician oriented rags,speaker reconing and repair shops listed in the phone book and try running your request past the folks at Google group alt.guitar.amps-it will be a welcome break from the politics.

4. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Member

John Blick is the best and pretty much only guy in the area for amp repairs. He's certified to do work on about any amp you can find.

His number is 414.475.6198

Call during normal 9-5 hours. He's an odd guy, but does good work.

EDIT - I don't remember exactly where his shop is, but it's out of his house and in the Miller Park area.

5. mikey

mikey Supporting Member

Thanks for the responses! I had heard of John Blick but I had no contact info, thanks for passing along his phone #.

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Edtronics in Madison is great too, but kinda overworked right now...

7. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Member

That's a great shop, worth the drive if you need something from them.