1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Amp techs in southern CT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by nmiller, May 19, 2011.

1. nmiller

nmiller Drowning in lap steels Gold Supporting Member

Any suggestions for an amp tech in CT, preferably somewhere between Hartford, New London and New Haven?

2. dukeh62

dukeh62 Supporting Member

Tom Stankewiez of Cotton Amps in Tolland. Used him for years. He knows all the old Fender, Valco stuff. Great guy. cottonamps@sbcglobal.net or (860) 872-1920.

Also heard Dave Charbeneau (sp) in New London is great. I don't have contact info though.

You're in Chester? I'm in Deep River...we're neighbors! Big Valco/crusty amp fan here too!

3. nmiller

Ah, you big city Deep River folks, what with your fancy supermarket and traffic light...

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. dukeh62

dukeh62 Supporting Member

My pleasure! Would love to hook up sometime and talk cheap, bizarro amps and guitars!

5. nmiller

Definitely! Drop me a line anytime. Hopefully I'll have my newly-acquired Standel up and running; it sounds good now, but I want a tech to check it out because it's a whole lot quieter than I think it should be.

6. silvara

silvara Member

I use Andrew Bell of Bell Audio Labs exclusively, he is in Brookfield, just north of Danbury.

7. jrittvo

jrittvo Member