• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amp with drippiest onboard reverb you’ve ever heard?

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
I mean drippy in the sense that it’s like the Fender Outboard Tank.

I know nothings going to sound quite like it, but gets close to the same super drippy, watery vibe.

mxk116

Gold Supporting Member
I mean drippy in the sense that it’s like the Fender Outboard Tank.

I know nothings going to sound quite like it, but gets close to the same super drippy, watery vibe.
The Starwood and Roseland Bartel amps both have exceptional reverbs. The design and controls let you tune the reverb to be as “drippy” or as subtle as you want. If I understand your reference adequately, you can definitely get that watery reverb and fluttery decay that Fender Reverbs does so well.

Here’s a lo-fi iPhone video that might give an idea if it’s in the ballpark.

Elantric

8675_93DualPro_1.jpg

1993 Fender Dual Professional (the amp not the steel) from the Custom Shop. All P2P handwired, active eq, killer tremolo and reverb (dwell/mix/tone) into a pair of well worked in Vintage 30's.

has a built in '63 Fender Reverb circuit 1st in signal chain - ( same signal chain as genuine surf bands used in 1963

Guitar > Reverb Tank> Guitar Amp

sounds 100% like this

Last edited:

HeavyCream

Silver Supporting Member
The VHT 12/20rt has a 6v6 driven spring reverb circuit similar to the Fender unit. A 6k6 can be used in place of the 6v6. It doesn’t sound exactly the same as Fender Reverb. It is quite lush and can get VERY wet. They’re hand wired and cheap, you can easily mod the circuit if need be. The reverb knob is a pull pot which makes the verb deeper (more low end in wet signal). It could use a dwell pot imho.

Also, I’ve heard some Traynors (YGM-3?) have some of the lushest verb ever.

Thing is, the sound of an outboard unit in front of an amp is different than onboard verb after the preamp, no matter how intense it is, imo.

Elantric

Total left field
whocoll_superbeatle_3.jpg

1967 Vox Super Beatle, Buckingham, Royal Guardsman, Viscount combo ( designed by Thomas Organ) -had built in Reverb "BLEND" Control which was more a DRY <> Wet pan pot 7:00 o'clock to 12:00 o'clock added Reverb, then 12:00 o'clock to 5:00 o'clock slowly turned off the dry feed - leaving you with 100% reverb at Max setting
VOX-Beatle-reverb.png

https://elektrotanya.com/vox_super_beatle_v1141.pdf/download.html

Last edited:

Always-Ben

Silver Supporting Member
^ 'Baja' [and the flip side 'Kuk']
That is the sound there.

OP, I once found one of these oldies and the 'verb was fantastic, fwiw.

DSCF3489.JPG

Duuude just heard some videos with the Falcon, how have I not known of them before? What’s a fair price for them these days?

rickt

Platinum Supporting Member
Louis Electric RoadRunner and Columbia have really spacious reverbs, as do some of his other amp models I suspect. Glaswerks Zingaro has a truly spacious reverb, to the point of echo almost.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
I'm not sure if I would consider it drippy, but the reverb in the old Mesa Blue Angels was probably the best onboard reverb I've heard. Chorus like in it's lushness. Just sweet!

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
The Fender Vibro-King has one of those Outboard Tanks (60s, 3 knob, tube and spring) built right in to the amp. If you have any questions… it's been two days since I played one. ;)

DiPa

Constant GAS
8675_93DualPro_1.jpg

1993 Fender Dual Professional (the amp not the steel) from the Custom Shop. All P2P handwired, active eq, killer tremolo and reverb (dwell/mix/tone) into a pair of well worked in Vintage 30's.

has a built in '63 Fender Reverb circuit 1st in signal chain - ( same signal chain as genuine surf bands used in 1963

sounds 100% like this

I agree, I love this amp, I am never letting mine go. The cleans and the whole vibe is numero uno...

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
8675_93DualPro_1.jpg

sounds 100% like this

I have never had an opportunity to play one of these, but I absolutely love the design idea.

Top Bottom