I've been playing a Fender Vibrolux that I love, but it had the well-known hiss that was really annoying. So I looked online for the well-known kit to fix it; found it, asked the vendor if it was the correct kit for the particular amp. I sent the link to the amp, and was assured that it was the correct kit. Cool! Took it to a locally recommended amp tech. 3 months later, after family problems, illness, etc., he tells me the amp is ready to go. I swing by and pick it up, he tells me that after the fix, it has "very little headroom". I heard the distortion in his shop, but wanted to get it home and check out the real deal. So I get it home, bring it right into my office and flip it on. It doesn't have "very little headroom"... it has no headroom. It's distorting at 1 and what's more, it sounds like hell! Dammit! So I head into the other room to say hello to my wife. Five minutes later, I walk back into my office, and smoke is POURING out of the amp! Call the amp tech to let him know. He 'splains that he thought it odd that the instructions showed a different board, and that he had spare parts. SMH. To his credit though, he made it right, and bought me a new Vibrolux. No hiss in this one, so that worked out. He spoke to the kit vendor, who basically said, "Yeah, we made a mistake." No real point to this except sharing the story.