Amp?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Gigging my Zoom G3X acoustic tonight and it sounds fab. Don't miss a damn thing.
If the AX8 ran in batteries and was smaller I would still have it (And if I didn't owe an abhorant amount of taxes)
Anyone try the Mesa with the built in cab clone? That's on my list gotta move a guitar first.
I've determined variety for the gigging guitarist is over rated (for me).

Last edited:

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
You talking about the Mark 25 watter? On another forum I frequent; a resident metalhead posted some recorded clips. Not sure if he ever did any cab clone stuff but I bet he did. Obviously not your style from what I am thinking; but it could give you an idea. I assume you still have to have a load connected, even when using the cab cone? That is a deal breaker for me.

Versatility is overrated. I use a Hot Brit patch and a Plexi patch live for a 4 hour gig with all sorts of styles and it works great.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I believe the cab clone allows silent DI. I'm actually looking at the Mesa Mark V 35 in combo format.

I'm guessing the "I don't need variety" viewpoint will lead a lot of folks down the Amp->Reactive Load Box->IR Box->PA path. It's pretty compelling for lots of the same reasons that first lead me to modeling (quiet recording at home, same rig home/live, much lighter / simpler to setup and haul around, etc.).

randombastage

Silver Supporting Member
I had a full size Mark V combo and I've always missed it from the day it left. It was a very versatile amp...much more than a 'heavy music amp'. Great pushed clean channel.
I bet the new smaller ones are no less versatile.

Trending Topics