1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

ampeg j12r reissue (2xel84,20watts)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by rouss, Feb 17, 2012.

1. rouss

rouss Member

I see these things for sale all over the place for between $200.00 and $ 300.00 bucks , do they really suck or something. Thats a decent price for a 20 watt tube amp even if its mediocre . I was thinking about getting one but I only see them online so I cant play one

2. wyatt

wyatt Member

The J12R and J12T "RI" were 12-watt amps from the late '90's and they were only $350 new. The J12T was the better sounding of the two, but both had a history of cabinet rattle that drove owners nuts.

Tome-wise they were more Vox than Ampeg.

3. rouss

rouss Member

do those new gvt ampegs sound like voxes also