Ampeg R212 Reverberocket Overdrive Channel Mods

rjbee

Are there any to be had. I have a 1996 reissue and the tone is quite a bit thin overall compared with the clean channel. I recently changed the tubes from EL 34 to 6L6, rebiased and it sounds great clean. Unfortunately the overdrive channel does not. Any suggestions as to where to start? I know tone is so subjective but its not as beefy as the clean channel is, maybe harsh or brittle is a more apt description.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Those are fairly thin sounding .
Shame the cleans are awesome.

Speakers helped quite a bit.

Wonder if it's oossible to identify the dirt channel and mid boost it or something
Need a schematic

rjbee

Yeah I switched out the speakers to celestion marshal vintage 30MF, helped quite a bit but the dirt needs work, I'll try a 5751 tube in V1 and see what that does for now. Can't seem to fins a schematic yet but I'm relentless in finding one, there has to be one out there.

OKhan

Need to crank the master up to get some thickness added from the power amp. Just had one in yesterday at the shop and was actually decent on the dirt...IF YOU HAD THE MASTER UP.

That being said I have the schematic, but cannot post it here as I have the minimal membership.

I also have the SR212 Superrocket schematic, which has a fixed tone stack at the master control that is defeated for clean, but engaged for dirt....fattens up the bass and scoops the mid slightly. Bigger sound to the dirt down low on the dial.

Mike, how do I get to post attachments?

Obeid

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Awesome glad you chimed in Obied!

You have to host it on photobucket first and link to it with IMG code
We dont do attachments here.

Been awhile since I had my r50h bur the biggest help to me was a v30 loaded trace Elliot 4/12

Have great memories of that amp.
Cleans were stunning

FrancisInter

Hi, sorry to dig this thread. But I am also looking for some mods to the drive channel of my R50H. Would and Attenuator combined with open master volume help ?

Trending Topics