• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ampeg reverbrocket 2

mmrxcsr01

As put forth in another thread, opinions/preferences of models, given the 7591 finals, and why? Many thanks-

InyoTim

I just bought a `66 model in pretty good shape. It has a clean tone to rival my Twin Reverb if not a bit better. I don't know what it sounds like maxxed out, as I live in town. It seems pretty heavy for a 1x12 combo, but maybe that just means it's well made for the long haul.

mmrxcsr01

Which model is yours- going for opinions as to the most favored model- keep the opinions coming- thanks-

InyoTim

Which model is yours- going for opinions as to the most favored model- keep the opinions coming- thanks-
Mine is a GS-12-R. It seems there were a few different tube configurations of the RR2. Mine has two 12AX7's, one 6U10 and two 7591's. It's twangy in a good way. It's best to stock up on compactrons, as there probably will never be any more made. I have spares for this amp and for my Super Champ.

Tres Mellow

Silver Supporting Member
Mine is a '67 as well, but the PI job is handled by part of the 6u10 and half of a 12ax7 instead of the 7199. Fantastic amp. The only downside to '67 is that a pcb is used for part of the trem circuit which will make it a small hassle to replace the trem module if/when it fails.

Trending Topics