• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Ampeg reverbrocket- Strange noises

Lullabies

Hello fellow ampheads. I have been having some issues with my reverb rocket RI 2x12 and was hoping someone could shed some light on it. I run the ampeg in stereo with a Traynor yba1. The past few weeks i have been noticing these intermittent pops and static/crackling along with volume cutting out completely once or twice. Sometimes it pops and then gets this digital/ radio interference sound then pops back to a clean sound.

Your opinions? Thanks for the time

Last edited:

soulohio

tubes?
my VT40 makes strange noises
that make girls lose their close
i will not fix it
no sir

Lullabies

tubes?
my VT40 makes strange noises
that make girls lose their close
i will not fix it
no sir
Yeah tubes makes the most sense. I just am wondering if maybe something in the pedalboard or power/going stereo has anything to do with it but it only started recently. Nice vt40 by the way! Those old heavy mofos hit hard. I miss my old vt22...

zenas

If there even a remote possibility it might be in whatever you have between the guitar and amp. Just plug straight in to eliminate that question, then play it a good long while.

Lullabies

If there even a remote possibility it might be in whatever you have between the guitar and amp. Just plug straight in to eliminate that question, then play it a good long while.
My god I can't believe I never thought of that lol. I tried just plugged into the amp no guitar even and it made the popping, random static and digital humming sounds. Must be tubes so I ordered a full 2 6L6 and 3 12AX7 set from the tube store

HaroldBrooks

Hello fellow ampheads. I have been having some issues with my reverb rocket RI 2x12 and was hoping someone could shed some light on it. I run the ampeg in stereo with a Traynor yba1. The past few weeks i have been noticing these intermittent pops and static/crackling along with volume cutting out completely once or twice. Sometimes it pops and then gets this digital/ radio interference sound then pops back to a clean sound.

Your opinions? Thanks for the time
Fairly sure if it's not a bad cable, or stomp box, it would be a Socket or a tube. Start by cleaning your sockets with Deoxit G5. If the tubes come out easily, you will probalby have to retention socket(s). Swap tubes if that doesen't work. Lastly could be a cold solder connection, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as the other stuff.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom