• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ampeg Scrambler Reissue

co-intelpro

Any thoughts on these? I just picked a used one up for $100. I think I like it very much...It sounds similar to a French Toast and Shin-ei, but can do a cool overdrive too. Thoughts?

auratnik

Any thoughts on these? I just picked a used one up for $100. I think I like it very much...It sounds similar to a French Toast and Shin-ei, but can do a cool overdrive too. Thoughts?
Very good price because it goes for $300 on Ebay and it's very rear. It's not build for over drive tone, it's mean fuzz machine and for that it's great.

blackjack davey

You got yourself a great score there! :AOK

I had one when they were first reissued and remember that it had a lot of gain and IIRC you could almost dial the Octave Up out of the Fuzz mix. Anyway, I'm sure in a few years this will be a collector's item as well so hang on to it and bust out those Edge riffs.

co-intelpro

You got yourself a great score there! :AOK

I had one when they were first reissued and remember that it had a lot of gain and IIRC you could almost dial the Octave Up out of the Fuzz mix. Anyway, I'm sure in a few years this will be a collector's item as well so hang on to it and bust out those Edge riffs.
Yes, it certainly does have the fexibility you say. Believe it or not, I found it at a well known music store. It was used, and priced to move. It was erroneously categorized as a "Bass Overdrive"...I'm sure more would have been interested if they knew it was an octave fuzz.

Trending Topics