• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ampeg SVT 2

woodsideh

What is your opinion of the Ampeg SVT 2? I am looking to go all tube. I have a chance to buy one for $500 that includes the Ampeg amp rack.

reno88

i have used my ampeg svt2 (non pro) since i bought it new in '91. it's 80 lbs but worth every oz. i've never had a problem with it - it has all the original tubes. i've thought about selling it but only because it can be tough to lug around. those thoughts go away, however, when i fire it up. $500 is a great price. get ready to be happy.

VHS analog

"Pro" is the later head version I think. The SVT your purchasing is the '90s rack version with the EQ on the front, yes? IMHO, the best bass amp of all time, it will eat other amps for breakfast. Its not good for jazz or worship, but for rock and metal it will pound all other amps into the dirt.

woodsideh

I plan to use it in a blues/bluesrock/soul band. I'm have grown more and more unhappy with the SS and hybrids. When I have used an all tubed amp I have been able to maintain my tone at all volumes.

guitargod0dmw

"Pro" is the later head version I think. The SVT your purchasing is the '90s rack version with the EQ on the front, yes? IMHO, the best bass amp of all time, it will eat other amps for breakfast. Its not good for jazz or worship, but for rock and metal it will pound all other amps into the dirt.
Both the pro and non pro are rackmount. The pro has a 9 band EQ, the non pro has a 6 band. The pro has a preamp volume and the non pro does not. The pro has a tuner out...

$500 is a steal...

rodl2005

+1 $500 is a BARGAIN- depending on it's condition. I paid $900 for a A1 condition one with all great tubes. BEST amp I've EVER had- SO punchy-U just KNOW that whatever the situation The SVTII will do the job- SUPERBLY!!! I play funk/soul, blues & rock & it does it all beautifully!!! GRAB it!!!!! Or tell me where & I will. I'd LOVE a spare! ;-)

guitarmv

I just picked on up for $500, guy also has an SVT4 for same, wondering if I should grab it?

Amp sounded beautiful for about 10 mins before losing gain and gaining static, did it 2x. Sad, but might get the 4 for even less.

This amp burnt 6550s in the past - anywhere else I should look for issues? Sockets all fine.

VHS analog

I just picked on up for $500, guy also has an SVT4 for same, wondering if I should grab it?

Amp sounded beautiful for about 10 mins before losing gain and gaining static, did it 2x. Sad, but might get the 4 for even less.

This amp burnt 6550s in the past - anywhere else I should look for issues? Sockets all fine.
Take it to a good technician. It's worth fixing.

Floyd Eye

I have a '91 ( I think) SVT II non pro. I agree with whoever it was up there that said the II non pro will pound all other amps into the dirt.

Trending Topics