Amplifier for live and home

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by realjester70, Feb 9, 2012.

1. realjester70

realjester70 Member

Hi everybody,
    I would like to buy a combo amplifier that allow me to play live (apart from the size of the place in which I play) and at home. I will use it only with the clean channel because I put in a Line6 Pod XT Live and I use its effects. I have an Ibanez JS1200 and a Fender Stratocaster American Standard. I would like to spend around 500-600 euros.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bye

2. soulohio

soulohio Member

easy...a Crate 16 for the gig and a 100 watt Marshall Superlead for home....that way you can turn them both up.

3. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

Blackstar HT series. For example the HT Club 40. 40 watts, 1-12", 2 channel FABULOUS cleans, good gain (IMO). A former Marshall engineer runs the company.

I love the brand. I think it rivals my JCM2000.

4. earthlydescent

earthlydescent Senior Member

If you're using the PODxt Live for it's amp models, you'll have a difficult time reproducing accurate sound thru a standard amp. Two great options made for your application would be:

Tech 21 Power Engine: available in 1x12, 2x12 and 4x10 versions.
    Atomic Reactor: sounds better than the Tech 21, but is higher in price.

Standard amps just don't get along with the preamps of standard amplifiers.

5. freaksho

freaksho Member

i agree. since the pod is meant to emulate every element of the chain (amp, effects, cab) then the colored nature of tube amps will change things, which you may not like if you're used to setting your pod to fully do it's thing. instead i'd say look for a super neutral sounding (amp and speaker) combo to simply amplify your signal with as little color as possible. unfortunately i can't recommend anything as i have no experience with this, but i'm sure solid state would do this best. it will also be less noisy, lighter and most likely cheaper than a tube amp.