Amplifire and analog preamp/od

titienou

Hi guys,

I have very good experience with amplifire but I would like to have more analog feeling while playing.

Is anyone have success story with analog preamp in the Amplifire's loop ? Are you just using poweramp and cab ?

I'm looking to buy Tone City M & B hoping to have good results.

Thanks for feedback :)

djd100

I do this with a Axe FX Ultra and Torpedo CAB, works great (sorry, don't have a Amplifire yet)!

I also have a Amplifire question...

Can you pan the stereo FX RTN by patch?

With my Axe FX I have two tube preamps in the loop, and pan the stereo FX RTN to switch/mix them.

Can the Amplifire do this (I'm looking to down-size etc).

synthetica

Along these same lines, I have an Amplifire in route, is it suggested to turn off the internal power amp with external Active monitors or leave it on?

jorgemg1984

I use it that way - amplfire is just for fx and IRs. But I only play clean... I use several preamp pedals - Barb EQ, Ethos Clean and a Polytone in a pedal custom made for me.

buddachile

Along these same lines, I have an Amplifire in route, is it suggested to turn off the internal power amp with external Active monitors or leave it on?
Leave it on. If you go "by the book" you don't want power amp emulation if you're feeding the signal to a real tube power amp.

titienou

Well I have tried Tone City model M over a US Clean amplifier and it works very very good (with matched cabinet) :) :)

It sounds more "direct" for an appartment use, I don't know if it is normal but to my ears and playing feelings it's better than JCM800 modelisation

Trending Topics

Top Bottom