Amplifire clean tone live with h9 spacetime

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jhatem81, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Jhatem81

Jhatem81 Member

Recorded by my kids at church. Was cutting through the mix pretty well..was also using h9 spacetime

Imerkat likes this.
  2. jageya

jageya Member

3. angelsvictory

angelsvictory Member

Very nice sound. Questions. What amp model and gain setting?

4. ratbastid

ratbastid Member

Man, churches have gotten fancy since my parents dragged me there as a kid! :)

Seriously, though, until joining TGP I had no idea how many electric guitars are played in P&W contexts. Pretty cool.

5. angelsvictory

angelsvictory Member

Atomic seems to not be aware of the sheer number as well. The Amplifire is a church guitarist dream rig. Unfortunately the delays have the sounds, but lack the tap tempo functionality to cop the stacked delay P &W standards without a calculator or click track.

6. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

Agreed. It's a great option as many churches are moving away from on stage amps and want quiet monitoring (In EAR).

To be a great all in one P&W solution hough, they need to up the Delay and Reverb effects on the unit, improving Tap Tempo functionality, as well as add some ambient effects which is a big part of P&W these days.

7. Imerkat

Imerkat Supporting Member

For those that have the H9 and the Amplifire V3; how do you like the new Reverb Spring 2?

Even without the tap tempo and setting them manual, when in series, it doesn't sound quite like stacking delays

8. acroberts

acroberts Member

Nice! Wondering if the new MXR Delay might offer that vibe, as well (We do a lot of All Sons & Daughters too!)

9. Jhatem81

Jhatem81 Member

I am using just different variations of the Top Boost Vox amp. My midi controller has 4 presents and 32 banks so preset 1 is clean preset 2 is clean with a touch of dirt, preset 3 is dirt for rhythm and preset 4 is Lead. Each preset has a a slight adjustment in gain and also gain through the tubescreamer.

Sadly, i think this is my last amplifire video as i need to now sell it. I think i will be selling the entire rig(amplifire,H9 and midi controller) or in pieces. The amplifire is the best modelor i have ever owned. I never realized how much my tone sucked till i went from a HD500 to an amplifire

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  10. TimH

TimH Member

It's a pretty great gig actually. For the most part the equipment is nicer and in better shape than the bar. Sometimes the gear is concert hall quality.

It's clean and there's no 60 year olds trying to get fresh with you.

11. BCy2k

BCy2k Member

I'm impressed with the new AF Spring2 verb. The new space time algo for the H9 is really awesome too.

Imerkat likes this.
  12. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

So true - At our church our main guitarist has an insane setup, and the worship team are professional level musicians even though they are not technically pros(Except for one - drummer/bass player). Guitarist is a purist with full pedalboard probably worth over $2k and has a full isolation cabinet in the back for a tube amp, and he is an awesome player.Don't think I will ever see him using a modeler.

13. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

I prefer using my Boss RV-6 for Reverb still - Just sounds better

Imerkat likes this.
  14. redmonda

redmonda Member

Bummer to hear you have to sell it. Thanks for making the videos.