• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Amplifire Live Sound Clip from yesterday

Jhatem81

I used my ampfire in a church environment yesterday for the 2nd time and thanks to Fremans patches, i think i had much better tone.

I mostly use Clean Fender amp and Vox amps yesterday.

Hopefully this dosent offend anyone but its mostly what i play:)

acroberts

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds good, man. I'm planning on picking up an Amplifire for the same purpose - I mostly play in church.

When live, are you going to an FRFR for self monitoring or do you rely on shared monitors on-stage (or IEM?)

And where did you find those patches from Fremen?

Sorry for all the questions - trying to cover bases before I lay down the cabbage for one of these units :D

Jhatem81

hey man.

I am using Ears for my monitors. We have really good ears(IEM). the patches from Freeman were uploaded to this google doc site where people have been uploading their presets. I took his and tweaked it some(more delay and reverb) haha.

The amplifre really opened up for me when i got a midi controller and was able to easily go from patch to patch

here is Fremans thread

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/atomic-amplifire-videos.1596913/

here is the shared presets thread

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/amplifire-preset-library.1576689/

X-Mann

I mostly use Clean Fender amp and Vox amps yesterday.

I'm only offended that I didn't hear this sooner! :D

A++ & I love the tone & the way you're playing for the song here!

Is yours the only electric guitar in this clip?

Hearing a clip of the Amplifier in this live setting is just priceless too, so thanks!

Peace! X

Jhatem81

Hearing a clip of the Amplifier in this live setting is just priceless too, so thanks!

Peace! X
thanks man!. We had bass,acoustic,keyboard and electric guitar

dmock66

Peace! X
+1!

I've been playing the AmpliFIRE at church since February. It's awesome!

Very tasty playing - well done!

Lawless33

Good stuff! Will be going away from an Eleven Rack to the Amplifire shortly. Just got the chance to use the Eleven Rack with my new Atomic CLR wedge last night at church. I had all guns blazing for a couple of songs. Loved it.

I'm betting that using my Ground Control Pro with the Amplfire will open things up greatly.

Wes

Jhatem81

Here is one more from Sunday. This is more of a rocker. The beginning and middle ambient part was the only during the entire set i used an additional pedal(Zoom CDR70)

JohnB

nice recordings & mix. just started mixing some live multitrack recording from church sets using my AF - it *is* really good feedback on getting your source sound right.

PRSCustom24

Sounds great!

Not my style of music, but you really should not feel the need to apologize for playing Christian music, and if someone is offended because of it they can go f-off.

Wait, that's not too Christian of me now, is it... Oh well.

Chris Hayden

Here is a sound clip from Last weekend

3 different patches for 2 amps

Vox AC30-Semi Clean
Vox AC30 plus chorus/tubescreamer for the rhythm crunch
Britt 800-for that little lead part towards end

Nice work! I like the way the AC30 reacts with you give it a little gas via the TS.

Lution

Sounds great!

Not my style of music, but you really should not feel the need to apologize for playing Christian music, and if someone is offended because of it they can go f-off.

Atheist here (or anti-theist is probably a better word). No offense taken. Sorting out whether or not one is following the central theme of their own faith properly and being a good example of it is a wholly personal journey. ;)

I am one who can ignore the lyrical content and just listen to the music which was very good! I thought the guitar sounded good of what I could hear. It needs to come up in the mix. Sounded good though. This little red box from StudioDEVIL is the real deal!

Last edited:

Mandrax

Sounds great!

Agreed. I'm as non religious as you can possibly get, yet I can appreciate a good guitar tone when I hear it, and a beautiful singing voice. This track had both, good job op (and friends).

Jhatem81

here is a church recording from yesterday! Thats the only place i play that records my guitar. Anyway...this has some sampling of clean and dirty and we have a killer violinist playing with us. We had alot of instruments yesterday.

Clean and Dirty were both the Vox amp. Dirty amp had tubescreamer. Clean had ping pong delay. no other pedals used with this is
#studiodevilinchurch

jaded_musician

Gold Supporting Member
Last Saturday I used my Amplifire into a line 6 L2t. I was using the tas rumble with reverb and delay and switched a tube screamer on and off. No outboard effects, no other switches, one preset. We are a New Country/ Americana type band. I'm usually going for a Tom Petty/ Mike Campbell kind if tone. I didn't go into the FOH, I used it like an amp on stage, setup behind me. It was exceptable, not quite as rich and dynamic sounding as my Redplate Blackverb with a Klon, Strymon El Cap and H9 for reverb, but not that far off. Adding some compression might help and cutting some lows and highs.

Overall, I was pretty impressed, the rest of the band thought it was close enough as well.

I'm still experimenting and have a helix on order, but I'm still really happy with my real amp.

JohnB

Adding some more amplifire in p&w context clips. captured channels from board. vocals omitted.
snippets of a bunch of tunes.
amplifire on right - some boost, mostly cleanish crunch vox tones.
gtr 2 on left uses x3live w nova delay in loop - uses more gain, but blends well.

patriot7

Thanks for posting! Awesome playing and awesome tone!

Are you using the integrated delay in AF or an external pedal?

Last edited:

Trending Topics