AmpliFIRE Live, Zep Tribute, Guitar, Mando and Lap Steel!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by rocketboss, Mar 15, 2015.

1. rocketboss

rocketboss Supporting Member

This was my first gig, a couple weekends back with the AmpliFIRE pedal. I sound checked with my normal rig for this gig and had planned to use AmpliFIRE specifically for a cluster of five songs in the set.

After line checking it to be sure it was flying right, I ended up using it all night from start to finish. Sounded killer!

I stay very busy gigging and my father had actually built this first set of patches for me. Although in the end I felt they were a little to gainy, the tone was very happening and it just felt great in my hands, very dynamic!

Just a Plexi patch and the ability to kick in the overdrive and delay for leads. Foot-switch #3 was used for tap tempo's.

I ended up using it on everything, including mandolin and with the lap steel.

Very impressed with this red box!

2. Electric I

Electric I Member

More great sounds & playing.

Got an AmpliFire coming this week & can't wait to dive in.

Feel free to keep the clips coming...

3. jeff5x0

jeff5x0 Member

Dude that sounded great! I mean really really great!! What were you monitoring it through? Nice clips!

4. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Fantastic man! Was loving the tone and playing then I was just blown away by the lap steel at the end. Great chops, very cool.

5. birdie_in_texas

birdie_in_texas I can haz virgins? Silver Supporting Member

Holy crap that was AWESOME..!!!!

Amazingly well done kiddo!!!! :)

6. davetone

davetone Member

Great tones and playing! Very cool! Thanks for sharing that!

7. dmock66

dmock66 Member

Great stuff!

... dads are pretty ok peeps! That's cool that he set up your presets!

Care to share the Plexi preset? I'm getting closer to getting the Plexi to sound/feel how I want, just missing a bit of something somewhere. If not, completely understandable... you don't know if you don't ask.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the AmpliFIRE Nick! You have an awesome talent/gift!!!

8. Atomic Amps

Atomic Amps Member

Sounds awesome, Nick. I especially like the lap steel at 3:53.:)

9. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Happening tones and, of course, playing!
    -
    Austin

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

11. pima1234

pima1234 Member

Nice!

Love the mandolin.

Band sounds good, too.

12. rocketboss

Here's a run down of the presets I built for the Bad Co. tribute last week. I just posted this in the Feel Like Makin' Love thread.

Hope this helps!

My Plexi preset is nothing special. I'd offer the patch, but don't know when I'd get around to doing that, so in a nut shell...

The Amp- I run the gain on 9, bass on 1, mids on 10, always crank the mids!!! Treble on 10, presence on 6.5, amp master on 10 and amp level at 3.0 db.
    This is typically how I'd set a real plexi. They're all different, but this is usually close to where I'd end up.

The Cab- Imulation out the Aux output only to FOH. I'm currently using the matched cab, which Tom mentioned is some form of Ownhammer Ir.
    I tweaked the cab a little, cab rolloff to 15.7khz and cut the cab bottom a hair to -0.5 db.

My basketweave is a little dark, which I assume is common due to the heavy, dense, old grill cloth. Also, I usually set my amps up a little bright and use the guitars volume and tone controls constantly. I'd rather have a bright tone I can tweak, than have not enough to be able to cut.

Pre EQ- I got this trick from Mr. Mitchell here on the forum. Thank you very much! This is key.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...&postcount=264

This really enabled me to get that classic, edge of break up, punchy, percussive, dry Marshall mids happening that we all love. It gave the ability to turn up the amp level, which really brings on the bold plexi tones! Not to much gain, just bold and punchy. I assume the actual amp that was modeled did not have the bright cap snipped, which kept it loud and proud, not to gainy.

I did also set the Pre EQ low-cut to 110Hz, which I always use on any instruments when mixing, to cut any unwanted farty flub.

This is my base patch, which I just copy and paste to the next three slots. So I end up with, Foot switch #1 Red, Dry Plexi, with a little spring reverb. #2 Amber, Boosted Plexi, boost and verb (I used the Overdrive with the gain set at 26% and tone set at about 30%, boost level up 1.5 db).
    Foot switch #2 Red, Plexi Lead- verb, boost (level up 2.5 db), tape echo and #4 Amber, is the same as #3 with more repeats and the delay volume up a little. I use the 3rd foot-switch for tap tempo! I plan to add an expression pedal soon for the delay.

So, I hope this makes some kind of sense. Hopefully it will help someone with their tweaking. I just don’t have the time to get on here much anymore, but I’m totally diggin’ the red pedal and look forward to exploring it as it continues to grow!

Should have some more live clips up soon!

Nick

13. rocketboss

Hey,

I just want to thank everyone for the positive feedback, very much appreciated.

More to come, soon I hope!

Nick

14. dmock66

dmock66 Member

That is AWESOME! Thank you so much Nick - VERY helpful!

I have very much enjoyed your videos. KILLER playing and SICK TONE!!!

Thanks again - VERY MUCH appreciate the help!!!