Amplifire - My "Edge" type preset

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by SkyhighRocks, May 4, 2016.

1. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Phnurt likes this.
  2. Jhatem81

Jhatem81 Member

someone asked today in the amplfire facebook forum if you can do u2 sounds with amplifire only.....i think this clip is your answer. Real nice man! that will be a big download from the Church people lol

SkyhighRocks likes this.
  3. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I posted it over there too!

4. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

First of all nice playing, and love the clips @SkyhighRocks....

I just ordered my AF and am interested in how well the delays can do U2 style standalone without other pedals. After hearing this, I am a bit concerned due to lack of modulation on the delay. No disrespect to the OP as his playing is great and he's just doing what he can with the AF and built in effects, but for hardcore U2 this isn't there for Bad.

There is a hardcore site dedicated to U2 tone and technique called www.u2guitartutorials.com - All those guys are running Axe Fx and have them dialed in.

My Boss DD-500 delay nails the delay/mod (Vintage Delay) tone but I was planning on selling it when I get the AF, but now not so sure.

Is there any Mod adjustment on the delay block at all or is it only available separately in the EFx block.

5. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Concerns duly noted! What you should do is download the free editor...you may be able to poke around it without your amplifire to see if that option is there. I don't have it in front of me right now but it's possible or it may be coming in the next update. If you're looking for modulation (chorus, phaser, etc...), then yes, those are available on their own. Like I said above, not much of a U2 guy so I probably missed certain things.

6. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

HaHa. Great minds think alike. I had already loaded the editor a few days back but without my AF yet it is dimmed and lifeless - Can't do anything with it.

Part of Edge's sound for Bad was that coveted built-in preamp in the Korg SDD-3000 Delay which is now cloned in a bunch of standalone pedals these days. There are also 2 delays on it (one set to .8th and other is a subtle other ms time )- The new firmware update with the multi delay should help.

Worst case is I have a TC Electronics Alter Ego Delay on my board that is full of modulated delays (including a DMM setting) but I want the AF to be the centerpiece.

I am so excited about my new pedal coming.

Thanks for the great posts on capabilities - Keep Em coming...

Curious how Ambient it can get - Volume Swells etc.

SkyhighRocks likes this.
  7. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

I don't think you'll be disappointed...especially with the update. Take the time to get to know it and don't get frustrated. I'm really picking up a few subtle ways to make things stand out more. It's pretty fascinating!

8. TimH

TimH Member

Nice playing. Tone isn't really Edge like at all except that there is delay on it. Glad it works for you though!

Hackdog69 and SkyhighRocks like this.
  9. BoB/335

BoB/335 Member

How important is it to get EXACT sounds to play a song? I thought the sound was more than passable. I would like to know why it wouldn't work in a live copy band setting. (NOT talking Tribute band where you need the same haircut)

SkyhighRocks likes this.
  10. SkyhighRocks

SkyhighRocks Member

Thanks! I play in a Bon Jovi tribute and never go for the actual sound. I just use what sounds good to my ears. That preset could be used as most people in the audience aren't really going to care for the most part.

BoB/335 likes this.