Amplifire on Pedalboard, Vox model with Video

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Gaetano Capuano, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Gaetano Capuano

Gaetano Capuano Member

Hey guys my biggest hope for the AmpliFire was that it could replace the Tech 21 Vox amp pedal for direct use. (actually I use the cheap chinese one live)
    So i plugged it in into the spot where the Amp pedal goes on my board. The Amplifire plays very nicely with the pre and post pedals. I did not use the effects loop, just Drives and compressors into the unit. Delays and reverbs after the unit. The compressor acted a little weird but I see no problems using the on board compressor. heres the video, there are also some other amplifier demos on my youtube channel if your interested. No post processing on any of them.

2. holden_caufield9

holden_caufield9 Member

How does it compare with the Tech 21?

3. Gaetano Capuano

Gaetano Capuano Member

Does not take the compressor as well, I would say doesn't take the OD's as well either but it's manageable. Feeds the delays and reverbs just as good.

4. holden_caufield9

holden_caufield9 Member

I've noticed that with my Tech 21 stuff. It seems to act more like an amp than the digital stuff I've used. They have their own issues, but overall they've got a really nice feel to them when you're playing.

Thanks for posting this, I was curious how the Amplifire stacked up with an analogue pedal board.

5. Gaetano Capuano

Gaetano Capuano Member

I used the AA live the first time this weekend. Worked great. I set up a switch to toggle two different patches, my main Vox patch and the Hot Brit for high gain. The Hot Brit patch did not work out as I suspected, too much of a change to be beleivable, and it so hot it sounded like a tube amp on the edge of blowing up. Maybe ill make my second higher gain patch the JCM800 next IDK. heres a pic of my board set up.

[​IMG]

6. AAEN

AAEN Member

Playing your socks off??

Bendt

7. dmock66

dmock66 Member

The Hot Brit is my favorite model thus far. I'm using an Ownhammer Scumback Studio Vintage mix IR with it. I've found the Gain needs to be under 5 (I float between 3.5 - 4.3 depending on the guitar) with the Master below 5.0 - EQ to taste. I also use a HighPass 1 filter before the amp model - between .22Khz and .37Khz, depending on the guitar.

8. Gaetano Capuano

Gaetano Capuano Member

Cool I'll try this. I love the Hot Brit it just did not compliment my main tone live like I had thought it would.

9. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

So it knocked your socks off, haha?