• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amplifire with a Suhr Reactive Load

Detroit ABA

Would I be able to use the Atomic Amplifire for effects and IRs in conjunction with a Suhr Reactive Load? For example, Amplifire in the effects loop of my amp for effects, amp speaker out to SRL, SRL back into the second effects loop return? It doesn't look like it according to the Amplifire manual. Or is there another way anyone can suggest?

nicolasrivera

Platinum Supporting Member
Would I be able to use the Atomic Amplifire for effects and IRs in conjunction with a Suhr Reactive Load? For example, Amplifire in the effects loop of my amp for effects, amp speaker out to SRL, SRL back into the second effects loop return? It doesn't look like it according to the Amplifire manual. Or is there another way anyone can suggest?
Absolutly!

I use my real amps with the suhr RL into my AX8 loaded with IRs and it sounds fantastic!

randombastage

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure what you mean by "second effects loop return". A stereo loop? That not withstanding...

Here is one way : Guitar>amp instrument input...effect loop send of amp to AmpliFIRE input (AmpliFIRE amp model block bypassed) through the effects blocks of your choice, with AmpliFIRE's effects loop positioned just before the speaker cab block use it's send > the amp's effect return....amp's speaker output to Suhr Reactive Load, Reactive load line output to AmpliFIRE's effects loop return to run through the cab block, output of AmpliFIRE to Daw/FRFR/FOH mixer, etc.

Not sure about ground loop issues, Suhr Reactive Load nor AmpliFIRE have ground lift switches.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom