amplitube 2 through amp combos??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hobbes1, Mar 21, 2008.

1. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

my understanding is that with Guitar Rig 3 Rig Kontrol, you can run a line out left and right, into each of two guitar amp combo fx returns. this bypasses the preamp on the combo and uses the power amp to amplify your signal from the host (GR3). does anyone know of a way to do the same with AT2? eg: you would need a midi controller with line out capability and also X-gear. does anyone know of such a midi controller?
    thanks

2. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

bump
    anyone with knowledge here on this question? any thoughts?

3. sabreplayre

sabreplayre Member

you could do exactly that with IK's "Stomp I/O"...it's designed to be used with Amplitube 2. You would of course want to bypass the speaker simulation in this case.

check out www.stompio.com

4. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

hi. thanks. i'm aware of the stompio but want a solution that doesn't cost $900. ik's x-gear let's you control AT2 via midi for patch changes and so all that is left is a solution for exporting the signal from the computer to the fx returns on the combo amps.

5. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

i want to do this to utilize all of the preamp features and effects of AT2 with the power section and speaker of my combos.

are you thinking that this will not work or would not sound good? have you some experience to support this? i'm not knocking you, but am interested if you have some direct experience along these lines....