• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Amplitube 'Custom Shop' offer - what to get?

odd

IK has a sale on models, 2 credits each. Just downloaded AT3 free, what are some good models to buy?

B Money

I'm generally a high-gain guy, so I would get the Soldano SLO. I didn't like the THD amp. Maybe go for one of those Oranges. Depends on what your needs are really....

tucsonsound

I've been auditioning since yesterday. Running a Zoom G3 with a MacBook Pro into either headphones or a Boogie stereo power amp with WGS Vet 30 and ET65 loaded cabs. Out of the 2 credit amps, I like the Bassman model, especially with pedals in front, and the JCM900 model. The solid-state models aren't worth the 2 credits to me.
Since I had 20 free jam points, I got suckered into the 45 credit package for $20. From the suggestions here I decided to demo the Soldano. Damn, there goes 30 credits.
The overdrive channel is pretty nice, but I was really surprised by the clean mode when I was demoing the Crush pedal. Using it in front of the normal channel, it pushes the Soldano into a smooth, sweet overdrive. Crush is probably the best buy out of the 2 credit stuff I tried.
Also found the Supro model a must buy for 5 credits, especially being able to use the Class A power section with the Bassman/Marshall preamp models. Picked it over the Bi-Valve option.

B Money

I demo'd the SLO and the Engle models this weekend. Not a big fan of the Soldano model, but the Engle was a real surprise. I wasn't expecting much but it turns out that I actually kinda like this model.
With the gain dialed down and the mids turned up, I got a nice crunchy guitar sound out of it. Check it out, you might like it too.