Amplitube 'Custom Shop' offer - what to get?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by odd, Jan 27, 2012.

1. odd

odd Member

IK has a sale on models, 2 credits each. Just downloaded AT3 free, what are some good models to buy?

2. axedoc2010

axedoc2010 Member

What style of music do you play?

3. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

Peavey Ampkit sounds way better. The Line 6 mobile Pod App is much better as well.

4. B Money

B Money Member

I'm generally a high-gain guy, so I would get the Soldano SLO. I didn't like the THD amp. Maybe go for one of those Oranges. Depends on what your needs are really....

5. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

+1 on Soldano SLO. Some of the Orange amps are nice too. Grab the T-Rex pedals...they are great.

6. saneff

saneff Silver Supporting Member

This is absolutely correct. I've tried them all to the max and the two mentioned above are the best.

7. odd

odd Member

I'm not using a mobile setup, though.

8. CptSensible

CptSensible Member

Have you had any issues with keeping the Mobile In device connected to the iPhone/iPad?

9. roverdog

roverdog Member

You can audition before you buy

10. tucsonsound

tucsonsound Member

I've been auditioning since yesterday. Running a Zoom G3 with a MacBook Pro into either headphones or a Boogie stereo power amp with WGS Vet 30 and ET65 loaded cabs. Out of the 2 credit amps, I like the Bassman model, especially with pedals in front, and the JCM900 model. The solid-state models aren't worth the 2 credits to me.
    Since I had 20 free jam points, I got suckered into the 45 credit package for $20. From the suggestions here I decided to demo the Soldano. Damn, there goes 30 credits.
    The overdrive channel is pretty nice, but I was really surprised by the clean mode when I was demoing the Crush pedal. Using it in front of the normal channel, it pushes the Soldano into a smooth, sweet overdrive. Crush is probably the best buy out of the 2 credit stuff I tried.
    Also found the Supro model a must buy for 5 credits, especially being able to use the Class A power section with the Bassman/Marshall preamp models. Picked it over the Bi-Valve option.

11. B Money

B Money Member

I demo'd the SLO and the Engle models this weekend. Not a big fan of the Soldano model, but the Engle was a real surprise. I wasn't expecting much but it turns out that I actually kinda like this model.
    With the gain dialed down and the mids turned up, I got a nice crunchy guitar sound out of it. Check it out, you might like it too.