Amplitube 'Custom Shop' offer - what to get?

odd

IK has a sale on models, 2 credits each. Just downloaded AT3 free, what are some good models to buy?

B Money

I'm generally a high-gain guy, so I would get the Soldano SLO. I didn't like the THD amp. Maybe go for one of those Oranges. Depends on what your needs are really....

tucsonsound

I've been auditioning since yesterday. Running a Zoom G3 with a MacBook Pro into either headphones or a Boogie stereo power amp with WGS Vet 30 and ET65 loaded cabs. Out of the 2 credit amps, I like the Bassman model, especially with pedals in front, and the JCM900 model. The solid-state models aren't worth the 2 credits to me.
Since I had 20 free jam points, I got suckered into the 45 credit package for $20. From the suggestions here I decided to demo the Soldano. Damn, there goes 30 credits.
The overdrive channel is pretty nice, but I was really surprised by the clean mode when I was demoing the Crush pedal. Using it in front of the normal channel, it pushes the Soldano into a smooth, sweet overdrive. Crush is probably the best buy out of the 2 credit stuff I tried.
Also found the Supro model a must buy for 5 credits, especially being able to use the Class A power section with the Bassman/Marshall preamp models. Picked it over the Bi-Valve option.

B Money

I demo'd the SLO and the Engle models this weekend. Not a big fan of the Soldano model, but the Engle was a real surprise. I wasn't expecting much but it turns out that I actually kinda like this model.
With the gain dialed down and the mids turned up, I got a nice crunchy guitar sound out of it. Check it out, you might like it too.

Trending Topics