Amplitube

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by kevingcp, May 17, 2011.

1. kevingcp

kevingcp Member

Anybody using this? How do you like it? I'm going to be doing home recordings this summer, a lot of metal stuff

How does it sound? Worth the investment?

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

If you're going to record metal and need a modeler (a real amp is still the best choice), Amplitube Metal would be my choice.

I also have Guitar Rig, and I condsider it great at more classic-rock sounds; I own Waves GTR and like it for more effected sounds, as one might expect given Waves' background in effects; and I have Amplitube. Amplitube works great in its Fender and Metal incarnations (also Ampeg for bass).

Hope this helps!

3. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Amplitube 3.5 now has a free version - so you can go ahead and download it and try it out totally hassle & restriction & cost free!

I've been using it for around 2 years now. I think it is great - I've been getting some fantastic sounds out of it. I use it a lot at night with headphones for practicing without waking the kids. Also find it great for playing along to backing tracks and recording snippets of ideas.

4. greatbigz

greatbigz Member

And while the free version comes with limited amps/effects, they have a custom store that you can buy a ton of licensed amps and effects...most have free trials so you can try them out. www.ikmultimedia.com

5. bluebrian

bluebrian Member

I think it's a pretty good piece of software. The range of sounds you can generate is mind boggling. Definitely very useful