Ampmart kits ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SeeMoore, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

2. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

and 250 for an assembled one! My buddy just bought the kit and is building it...should be cool!

3. rockonomics

rockonomics Member

What's the shipping, duties, etc? I thought about a Ceriatone but found it ended up being more than an STF kit and the instructions appeared to be garbage by comparison with STF

4. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

He paid like 60 bucks for shipping and they did not charge him any duties...it came through dhl i believe

5. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

Fwiw he also claims it is the same as ceriatone and claimed it is the same source that ceriatone uses...not sure if that's true but intriguing!

6. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

Not to bad a price, tranny's and chassis can alomst run that much themselves.

It is good to hear that someone got a kit, keep us posted on how it works out please.

7. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Wow! I've wanted to try building an amp. That 5e3 kit is tempting.

8. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

Apparently the only slight snag was they had some communications issues between different languages. His kit shipped missing one or two minor components but the ampmart folks sent the parts right away.

His build is still ongoing. I will let you know how it goes when he is done.

9. Jonnygeetard

Jonnygeetard Member

Thanks for the link. Chassis and boards look like a good deal depending on the shipping costs. I don't know about the transformers though, you might be better off getting them locally to you.

10. Jonnygeetard

Jonnygeetard Member

Do you know how they take payment and shipping time?

11. blownirocz

blownirocz Suppoutin' Memba Since Dem Oud Dayz... Silver Supporting Member

Definitely intriguing...subscribed.

12. TeamJA

TeamJA Member

I sent them an inquiry and haven't heard back. I don't see how you can order directly. Am I missing something?

13. thosk

thosk Silver Supporting Member

Not much info (actually, none, that I could find)on the transformer specs.
    Not real informative on the rest of the components, either.

14. littlejohn

littlejohn Member

So $310 shipped, guess it's worth that, neat stuff.

15. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

update - as my buddy has been doing the build he reports at least 8-10 missing or wrong parts. He says that the quality of wire is hard to work with and that all jacks and switches are quite cheap. In the future he is considering using their boards but sourcing all else from other dealers...

16. Jonnygeetard

Jonnygeetard Member

I was thinking the same thing. The bassman chassis and board look ok, probably the same as what angela electronics sells.

17. ampkits

ampkits Member

Hi,

This is Nik S Azam, of Ceriatone

I would like to know more abt this company claiming to be using the same parts as ours.

This is a blatant lie.

Do not fall for the fake Cliff jacks, the fake Alpha pots, and now, the latest, fake Belton tube sockets.

Yes, we were offered all these fake stuff and even received samples. 1 look at them - run away!

You can just compare the faceplates - they can't get the fonts and gold-shade right (most of em are too cheap to get the correct gold).

Our stuff are mainly made here in Malaysia. We still get cliffs from UK, and signal caps/resistors/wire from USA.

Belton is from Korea (they're not in China), etc, you get the picture.

Their G10 board is reasonable, but I always get the boards without turrets nor eyelets and advise so as well. They can't seem to stake em properly. So if you get boards from them, make sure the turrets dont rotate in the hole. Would be a pain to correct that after all is wired :) And make sure you ask for "fresh" turets from them - they stock in bulk, so yours might be tarnished, and WONT solder well.

since they want to "claim" things, I can definitely air the laundry they have - the problems with some of the china made stuff / fakes.

Thanks!

Nik

18. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

my buddy is not enjoying this kit at all...definitely on the cheap but it does appear to work. He has had well over a dozen wrong or missing parts or values and the wire is stubborn to work with. They are happy to ship the replacement parts at 70 bucks a package...looks like it is best to do bulk with them and hope you can source any missing pieces...the ceriatone claim seems to be not panning out for him...

19. okgb

okgb Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  20. okgb

okgb Member

Any update on how it sounded ?
    I tried ordering one build but a week later they emailed me saying it wouldn't be ready for a month
    I asked for a refund and they said maybe it would be ready in two weeks [ that was more then two weeks ago ]
    So got my money back, Nik's stuff looks good but it does add up by the time you get everything!