• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Amps and interior design. Winners and losers

eyeball987

Metasonix Fu***ng Fu***r is probably my nominee for least acceptable. I'm tempted to get one of those and a Wangcaster and hit the road playing smooth jazz.

:rotflmaoGeezus. I pictured that while I was reading it and lost it!

jkg

Gold Supporting Member
While amp looks have never been my main focus I have to admit that the first time I saw one of these, I got way more than a little GASsy for the look.

For my Mesa’s 25th birthday I emailed them about retrofitting my 1x12 combo into a wood and wicker cab, but they did not have the right shell size for the .50cal+.

I get a lot of aesthetic compliments on my 65amps

jeff_lebowski

All my instruments and amps are in the basement. I like that it's slower to change temp and humidity and far away from my family.

I just want peace while I ruin yours with super loud amplifiers.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Tophat King Royal rules for aesthetics. I want one just for the look.
I love the look of my original Script Logo King Royale. It's probably the single best/coolest/classiest looking amp I have seen in person. Really dig the rough blonde tolex and oxblood grill cloth:

My 2x12 Club Royale is a great looking amp too:

And the Embassy isn't 1/2 bad either:

vortexxxx

Silver Supporting Member
Ashen Amps make some amazing custom enclosures and cabinets. Here's one of my favorites

Check out their website and instagram for some more of their works of art.

https://www.ashenamps.com/guitar-amps
https://www.instagram.com/ashen_amps/
Ashen made this 2x12 cab for me. I was going to design something more complex with more types of wood but I saw this head they made and based my design on that. They don't do CNC so you can't make ultra complex designs and patterns with lots of curves. I found this looks sleek with it's minimalism. It's African Padauk with figured maple stripes. I chose gold hardware and the grillcloth as well. I'm really happy but I'm only now going to finally load it with 2 speakers as I blew some up recently :( I should add that the head is not mine and may still be for sale on their site.

Trending Topics